Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

As any one experienced being 'invisible' in the Kuga yet?! I used to get this alot in my black C-Max even with my lights on!! Being cut up on roundabouts that sort of thing.

There seems to be alot of blind and dozy drivers out there!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hello KugaCat,

No, you can't be invisible in a Kuga! Just the opposite at the moment, lots of looks all the time.

Although I have to confess that I do have my Xenons on when the weather is dull-a bit boy racer

I know what you mean though, I had a black C-Max before too and people sometimes just pulled out like I wasn't there!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ChampionKuga,

There's nothing wrong with a bit of, erm, hope I don't offend you, 'posing' in such a cool car!!! Ill be doing just that when I get mine.

The C-Max I owned was a bit different to the other models, it was a Ultima which sits above the Ghia/Titanium in the range but it's no longer in production. Very smart car though, just like 'Dave'.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Aaah! Mine was a Ghia with leather seats and a few extra bits but the Ultima sounds rather special.

The Kuga is great to pose in, I'll admit to being quite chuffed at being noticed in it although I have to accept it is the car not me attracting the attention

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sure it's not all to do with the car!
Well in the 'looks' department, it's a shame that Ford don't do the privacy glass for the front of the Kuga as well, I wouldn't be seen at all then!

The Ultima had privacy glass, Sony CD with MP3, elec windows all around, auto dimming rear view mirror, AC, cruise control, leather, alloys, front fogs and electronic parking brake, does that sound the same as yours, oh and a body kit too. I think itwas only produced for about 12 months. Great car and I miss it loads, well until I get the Kuga that is!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That does sound like mine except the privacy glass and MP3. Have to say I don't miss the electronic parking brake. I never got used to it and hated hill starts. I often use to try and hold it on the clutch which drove my husband mad. "You'll burn out the clutch" etc etc. What I found difficult was that you had to dip the clutch fully to release it and then it was too easy to stall. Not good when someone is behind you and you were trying not to roll backwards. I much prefer finding the 'biting' point with a handbrake before I pull away. Maybe it was just me. How did you find it?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did find it difficult at first, scared to death of doing hill starts, but after awhile I just got used to it. I believe Ford had a few problems with thisparticular parking brake so it wasn't used in the new C-Max. Yep, definately with you on the 'proper' handbrake though.

I have to say that the one thing about elec parking brake that I thought was good, if my daughter was playing in the car and it was in neutral, if she knocked the EPB the car was still secure and there was no danger of it rolling,which was a huge relieve. My 5 year old is a car nut too.

My husband absolutely refused to drive the C-Max because of the EPB, he hated it full stop!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Mind you, the EPB used to come on automatically when you turned the engine off didn't it? For the first few days with the Kuga I nearly had to put a 'post it' on the steering wheel to remind me to put the handbrake on!

My daughter has just reminded me of when I parked the C-Max in the dark one evening and picked up a newspaper to read, luckily she was in the car and she very calmly said "Mum, we're moving!" and we were, pretty fast, down a hill! Because I hadn't turned the ignition off completely and taken the key out, the EFB hadn't engaged. I dread to think what would have happened if I had been on my own.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How terrifying!!!
I didn't know the EPB came on automatically.
I know that once the brake was applied and engine turned off that the EPB couldn't be dis-engaged. I really need to read the manual thoroughly. I, like you, had to really concentrate on the handbrake when I changed my car. Infact pulling up the handbrake was painful for awhile until I got into the swing of things again!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts