Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Intro and Beach Driving Recommendations

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  murcod 
#1 ·
Hi guys. Great to be here.
I've just bought a 2016 Kuga Titanium AWD TDI Diesel.
It's a beautiful car, and I'm in love. BUT
I've ordered the 30mm strut spacer for the dipping front, and those 19 inch wheels render it useless off road.
Does anyone have a set of 17s they want to sell?
One more thing. Tow points. Is there somewhere to mount them?

Thanks again.

#2 ·
Welcome LakeMacKuga,
There are loads of knowledgeable and helpful folk on here who will be along shortly to answer all your questions. Don’t get to do too much beach driving here. Hope you get all your bits sorted, enjoy your Kuga.

#3 ·
Beach driving??……………...What's that Lakemackuga.
I live on the coast (East coast Essex) and would not want to take mine on the silt ( I mean beach) think I might loose it to the sea.
Anyways matey, Welcome to the forum and have lots of fun while your here ;)

#4 · (Edited)
I've ordered the 30mm strut spacer for the dipping front, and those 19 inch wheels render it useless off road.
You can get proper lift springs from H&R- probably a bit late to tell you that though! (SUV's are usually like that so when they're loaded the rear doesn't sink lower than the front end. The handling probably won't be too good if that happens.)

Definitely get rid of the 19" wheels- they're easily damaged on dirt tracks. I bought a set of cheapish 17" wheels and fitted them with 235/55R17 tyres. You want 5x108mm PCD, 63.4mm centre bore (IIRC) and an offset of 52.5mm is stock for the 17x7.5" factory wheel. Focus and Mondeo wheels will fit (as wheel as some Volvo, Land Rover and Jag models.) You should be able to find more choice of A/T tyres in 17" if you want to get that serious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.