Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Kuga Titanium last night. No Full beam and airbag sensor warning on display!

There is a button near the door hamdle which has a ceiling scan icon. When pressed it says scanning interior or something like that on the dashboard. I cant find anything in the manual about this button. Any ideas?

·
Registered
126 Posts
It just temporally turn off you're internal alarm sensors, say if you want to leave a dog in the car but don't want the alarm to keep going off. If you want to use it just press it when getting out the car and it will turn the internal sensors off but the alarm will still work if someone opens any of you're doors, boot or bonnet. When you open the car again with the remote it will set it's self back to normal again, so you have to press the button every time you want to use it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
As for your other problems I think you need to visit dealer as it sound like you have electrical faults. (Could be that dreaded condensation in the fuse box that a few people have suffered from)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Which fuse box is it that has the condensation problem? I believe there are 2 fuse boxes?
I guess it's worth checking; or is it best to leave well alone and not break any seals unless absolutely necessary?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Apologies for butting in on the thread but is the button on the drivers side and close to the handle for opening? If so it has been driving me nuts trying to work it out however I don't notice anything on my display - could it be disabled on mine (company car)?

If anyone has ever seen the episode of Friends where Monica finds a switch in Joeys apartment and doesn't know what it does then that is what I have been like with it.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Hi RuthieBabie,

Welcome to the forum. Yes it's the button that looks like a UFO
on the drivers door

Drove me nuts trying to work out what it did, as there's no indication of what it's for

(even less so when you can't work out what the picture is)
Edited by: HugaKuga

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
So if I've got this correct

Whenswitched off the Kuga won't sense UFO's inside the car

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pressed the button again last night and instead of staring at it intently wondering what on earth it did I looked and the dash and lo and behold I could see the message on the display. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
The fuse box with the problems is under glovebox on passenger side will have to drop down cover held on with plastic nuts just twist and pull down then two wing nuts on under side of fusebox turn 90deg and fusebox(gem unit)will tilt down and can be slid forwards slightly,when i last checked one of these water was dripping off fusebox when tilted down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lol , has been driving me mad also not knowing what the 'button ' did. Thanks for the info guys , I can finally sleep better at nights now !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts