Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good, effective interior glass cleaner?

I've tried different ones before with mixed results. Any suggestions?

Jamie

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've been using Mer super windscreen cleaner for years now and it is best stuff I have tried I use it to clean my crash helmet visor,I had it recommended to me at a bike show a guy selling anti misting stuff said to use Mer to thouroughly clean visor and I'm still using it(mainly because as a tight git I bought many bottles at Halfrauds when it was 1/2 price
)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm using the new Meguiars Perfect Clarity Glass cleaner at the moment and I have never used a better product, superb.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the recommendations and the links! Will try a few and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Jamie

·
Registered
39 Posts
The only thing i've managed to clean the insides of the windows with and not get any streaks is Autoglym Glass Polish.

Can be a little dusty if you apply too much but keep the application light and it cleans the glass great

·
Registered
199 Posts
another vote for meguiars perfect glass cleaner used it on the work pick up today could not see out of it for thee sun shining on the muck and grease on the inside 2 mins with the meguires glass cleaner and i dont know how i have driven it for so long lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
BOHLE glass cleaner....I work with glass as a professional, used this for years. Perfect results every time!

·
Registered
59 Posts
cheshire said:
BOHLE glass cleaner....I work with glass as a professional, used this for years. Perfect results every time!

Hi Cheshire
Welcome to the club from another Cheshire Kuga owner.
What is your product like for misting up when used on the inside windows?

Cheers John

Edited by: superbock

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the welcome

The product doesn't stop misting as such but is a squeaky cleaner giving great results although it does seem to help with clearing mist away when it happens

·
Registered
6 Posts
Autoglym Glass Polish is a great all-rounder! use sparingly gives you a streak free finish. I have used it for years and highly recommend it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Another vote here for Auto Glym.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Autoglym Glass Polish for a deep clean, but for a quick clean go with Autoglym Fast Glass, as its safe on the inside tint. Also doubles up to help remove bird crap from the paint work.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Personally I use whatever I find in the household, that has alcohol in it.
And I have never had misting issues. I usually clean the windows 2x in a year.

Maybe you've got some moisture in the car or have a bit off settings on the A/C system.
But everyone uses different settings.

·
Registered
185 Posts
crazydaze said:
I'm using the new Meguiars Perfect Clarity Glass cleaner at the moment and I have never used a better product, superb.

I'll have to try that, mostly use Meguiars but still using Autoglym for the glass.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can give a big thumbs up to the Mer Glass Cleaner. Cuts through the grime and doesn't smear. Use it inside and out for great showroom finish.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts