Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone managed to get insurance arranged for their Kuga? I have a demonstrator for 5 days at the end of June and Ford need to see that I have insurance to cover it. None of the insurers I contacted list the Kuga, so can't quote me for temporary cover.

Hopefully when it hits the road officially the lists will update and it'll be in time for my demo!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have just checked with Joanna Lumley (Privilege) and she says £400, or £490 with protected no claims and legal. This is very similar to a 1.6 tdci focus. To put it in perspective I pay £575 for a Golf GTI with leagal and protected no claims.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just got a £780 quote from Ford to activate my 7 days so that the dealer can tax the car, will contact my own insurance in the morning for hopefully a more sensible figure.

Hope Sainsburys have heard of it as the lady at Ford didn't havea clue what a Kuga was....

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was quoted £770 by Ford when I contacted them for my 7 day temp cover. For anyone that doesn't know... You can call Ford insurance for a quote when you get a new vehicle and they will give you 7 days free temporary cover which will allow you to tax the car. Get the dealership id number from the salesman and Ford Insure will email the cover note direct to the dealership to speed things up.

I have just got off the phone with Direct Line who are going to insure me (30 yrs old) with my wife (32 yrs old) as named driver for £294 with protected no claims and legal cover. £50 comp. excess and £250 voluntary. Not bad eh!?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts