Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, and help!!,

Could anyone tell me please, how to dissaemble the instrument pod without destroying it so I can access the wee lamps for the gauges etc? I want to investigate changing them all for red leds. If anyone knows which lamps are fitted to the panel, I'd be grateful to hear what they are so I can get equivalents before opening the panel.

28K now and no problems at all.

Regards

PJ

·
Registered
328 Posts
The bulbs are smd's - 2mm ones I think.

Looking to change mine to all blue like I had on my Focus ST (see pics below) but I'm not that competent at soldering so will pay the same guy who did my ST cos his work (although not cheap is outstanding) he can do pretty much any colour smd thats available!

The pictures really dont do them justice and the red is equally as good!

·
Registered
328 Posts
To be honest - the chance of something going wrong on any illuminated panel is very rare and in the event of it happening these bulbs dont take that long to put back to standard - the guy who did my ST took about 3 hours to do the whole interior - thats getting on for about 140 bulbs removed and re-soldered.

Like I said - he can do them in pretty much any colour that the smd's are made in - Green, red, orange, blue, purple...
Alot of people like them and a few dont but to be honest I think the standard red dash lighting and orange submarine lighting doesnt do a car like the Kuga justice - I've already changed all my interior lighting to blue led and it looks alot better IMO

·
Registered
328 Posts
Its always been a grey area Ken - and dependent on the dealer you go to, for instance my ST was highly modded but the dealer I use (Allen Ford In Northampton) was spot on when it come to warranty issues and never questioned the mods even if they were related to the area where the problem arose. I think the only time Ford themselves might kick up is if its a major fault that they feel may have occurred due to the modification, but I'm sure there is no scope for refusal of a warranty claim for something else on the car being altered - after all you've paid over £20k for one of their cars!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts