Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, kuga owners got my kuga titanium in panther black yesterday from TC Harrisons Derby and would say they where brilliant in the whole deal from start to finish.
one question if anyone knows and that is when i turn the ignition off the display on instrument panel showing the milage etc stayed on for ages, does this normally happen.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Melc, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your Kuga as much as all of us! Yes the instrument panel does go off eventually, takes a few minutes. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
268 Posts
And Welcome from me too Melc !!!

And Yes the lights do seem to stay on for ages after you have switched off the power - you will get used to that !!!

Enjoy Kugaring !!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Melc

Your question has been answered so I'll just say welcome.

When you get used to your Kuga - you will be able to switch off your engine and get straight out - instead of just sitting there marvelling at what a car you've got

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got to say the kuga is a fine looking motor, and no doubt once i get used to driving a diesel then should be ok.
I know these days people say cars don't need running in as such, but what is the recomended maximun revs, while changing up the gears to give my kuga a better chance of a longer life!!
. thanks for the comments everyone !!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Melc...

I was told to change gear "before the red Rev Limiter light comes on" !!!

I am also keeping mine under 3000 revs until its done 3000 miles - that should also help !!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Melc

Hah! I didn't even know there was a rev limiter light?

I think "running it in" is a bit different to each person.

I would say treat it gently for the first 1500 miles. No hard acceleration. No hitting the rev limiter. Like Kugababe I would say 2500 rpm should be maximum for the first 1500/2000.

Just be gentle.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Melc,
If this is your first diesel engined car "where have you been for the last twenty years" only jesting. Try to foget about how high can I rev it and think torque, torque and more torque. Unless you really do like thrashing engines then I would advise no more than 2000 to 2500 revs certainly up to the first 1500 miles. you are in the middle of the power band aty this and the big cat will pull to its hearts content.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts