Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Titanium 163 manual 2011.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was investigating what I thought was an injector seal leak today but it turned out to be a broken injector clamp, the fork shaped thing with a bolt through it.
It allowed the injector to lift slightly and leak. Is this a common problem? Not heard a lot about it. Fortunately it's not an expensive repair.
2011 163 AWD.

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS 400Nm (T8MA) Manual Sync1
583 Posts
I guess someone was there before and over tighten it.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Now then, off topic but on topic.

I had a Peugeot van with the 1.6 hdi engine in. As seen in ford focus, and loads of others. And variations of this engine have morphed to 2.0ltr and power the Kuga.. and others..

Now back on topic. about every 20,000 miles I had to nip up the bolt on the injector fork, with a torque wrench set the same every time. Why I don't know. Vibration, cycles of expansion & contraction, diss similar metals??

To be honest not looked at present Kuga, could be this afternoons job, might be a different design still worth a look.

So your broken fork could be a fracture (not common) or previous 'nip ups' with a un calibrated elbow.
Smartguy 69 will like that one...

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,830 Posts
@mad skiier - I do have one calibrated elbow. My other uncalibrated elbow can us a calibrated windy gun lol. I do have a torque wrench but its seldom used which is probably a good thing. Last time was on the brakes and wheels on the kuga.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,830 Posts
It's not a common fault on the 2l PSA engines afaik. Repace the seal (copper washer) as well as the clamp.

·
Registered
825 Posts
When I worked at Barrow ship yard on them things that go underwater..
A so called fitter would strip almost anything. So we told him his elbow needed recalibrating.
Thats where that pun came from. People just wrestle and force stuff, don't feel what is going on..

As for windy guns on wheel nuts..
And torque multipliers
All dangerous in the wrong hands..

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,830 Posts
I was only kidding about my calibrated windy gun. I do have one but rarely use it and if I do it's generally to undo something. A toque wrench is possibly more useful for those who are as strong as the Hulk and keep on tightening until something breaks.

When I said I don't use it much it means I don't do much work on the car. Surprising though how the calibrated elbow works when compared to the torque wrench.

·
Registered
Kuga mk1 2012 tdci
85 Posts
I once had a clamp broken too. Put a bit of Nural 50 in the Allen screw thread and it won't get loose anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts