Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas.this is a query on the size of the information screen between the rev counter and speedo, in the Ford brochure and in a lot of the road test pictures it is a lot taller than it is wide and extends right up to the the temp and petrol gauges, but in a lot of other pics and in every Kuga i have looked at it is square and about 50 mm from the 2 small gauges. Was this only on prototype cars and dropped from production perhaps ?

Colin.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I might be wrong about this.... but the cars with the DVD Nav unit as an option, on the message display in the dash it also shows the navigation directions. If you have a look at the brochure on the interior pic it shows the DVD NAV screen with the rearview camera (not released yet...) and on the message display it shows an up arrow and the A127 road name....

So maybe the cars with DVD Nav get the bigger display, while those without get the smaller display (as it doesn't need to display the navigation info)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well done wise1, you are living up to your name.On reflection i think your explanation is correct, I had not noticed that the screen was showing traffic information. if there was a choice of screen size for some reason i wanted the larger one, you know how inportant another 2 inchescan be.
But if i have to buy an expensive camera to get it Ithink I will forget it.
Colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts