Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already posted on this site about thew good price I had been quoted over the phone by a dealer (£19,0000) FOR A 4WD Titanium with convenience and appearance pack, bluetooth and in panther black. However, after a further conversation todayit looks like i was quoted a price for the 2WD version. I was supposed to go in this Saturday and finalise the deal but feel a bit let down.

Dont really know if theres anything I can do with the quote being over the phone and I dont really want to lose out on a new Kuga. I was opting for the 4WD because i thoought 19K was such a good price. I was told the price would be an extra £1500 for the 4WD. Would it be worth the extra money if I dont really go 'off road'?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did mention dealdrviers and drive the deal website but they said there was still no way they could sell me the car I want for £19,000. Maybe I should wait a few days and see if they get back to me. I am a bit wary about ordering a car from an online broker as I prefer to do business with a local dealer. Has anyone had any experience of ordering from such website companies?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose 2WD would fulfil my requirements but i might ask to speak to the dealer principle at the place where I was quoted 19k for the 4WD and see if he could honour the price given by one of his salesmen

·
Registered
268 Posts
nickl52 said:
I suppose 2WD would fulfil my requirements but i might ask to speak to the dealer principle at the place where I was quoted 19k for the 4WD and see if he could honour the price given by one of his salesmen

Remind your Dealer that Appearance Pack & Bluetooth are FOC on Titanium Kuga's registered before 31st March.....

This might have some effect !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is only one version, I have checked this with several local Ford dealers. The Kuga is not a 2WD or 4WD it is an AWD which basically means it is an All Wheel drive, there are not two seperate versions. and the only models are the Titanium and the Zetec, obviously any extras will make your vehicle a little different.

All Wheel Drive simply means that when you are using it on nprmal roads it will drive in 2WD, and when you are driving on rougher terrain it will change and drive with $WD or whichever wheels it needs to use for the terrain. many of these new '4WD' vehicles are made like this now... The new Rav4 is also an AWD!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There definitely are two different versions in the Titanium - 2wd and AWD - I have checked with dealers and have also test driven the car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
sue4d777 said:
There is only one version, I have checked this with several local Ford dealers. The Kuga is not a 2WD or 4WD it is an AWD which basically means it is an All Wheel drive, there are not two seperate versions. and the only models are the Titanium and the Zetec, obviously any extras will make your vehicle a little different.

All Wheel Drive simply means that when you are using it on nprmal roads it will drive in 2WD, and when you are driving on rougher terrain it will change and drive with $WD or whichever wheels it needs to use for the terrain. many of these new '4WD' vehicles are made like this now... The new Rav4 is also an AWD!

Hi Sue ! Following info is from Kuga Price List effective 2nd Feb 2008...

Zetec 5dr2.0TDCi 136PS AWD 6spd RRP £18039.13 + VAT

" " " "2WD ""£16321.74 "

Titanium 5dr " "AWD "" £19778.26 "

" " " " 2WD " " £18060.87 "

·
Registered
268 Posts
Whoops.....

I'm a bit trigger happy at the mo.....Should have read "Kuga Price List effective 2nd Feb 2009..."

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
An update on my new Kuga order:

Salesman who originally quoted me 19K for the titanium, panther black, app and conv pack and bluetooth, has not being returning my calls. I eventually spoke to the Sales Manager who said the spec and price I was quoted could not be done and he did not know why I had been given that price as it would mean the dealer taking a £1500 loss on the car. I said that if the deal could not be honoured then I would take the matter up with the dealer principle of Ford and explain to him the incompetency of the salesman at that dealership. The sales manager said he would try to do some more digging and give me a ring in the morning. I dont really think there is anything I could legally do as the quote was given over the phone and had not been sent by email or was down in writing - if not I will certainly let the powers that be at Ford at my dimay at how I have been dealt with.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Smile Nick, I paid £22.5K for an ex demo Titanium AWD with X pack, full leather seats,bluetooth, pano roof, tinted windows,18" alloys etc but no parking sensors so you have done well. I still feel I have been ripped off but what a car! Love it to bits

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will have done well if I can get the AWD car for £19,000 (which is what i was originally quoted) although I may have to swollow a bitter pill and go for the 2WD version for the same price which is what the dealership are now saying is what my quote was for.

·
Registered
173 Posts
There are definitely two versions, the AWD and the newly released 2WD which you can get cheaper and is supposed to return extra MPG?? I've ordered the 2WD so fingers crossed...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Further update on my Kuga:

Sales manager got back to me today saying he could get me the titanium in panther black with convenience and appearance pack but no bluetooth (which is something I really wanted) for £19000. The only problem is the car is in Guernsey and would cost the dealer £500 to be shipped over. He asked for a contribution of £100 putting the total deal at £191000. Would it really cost him that much to ship a car over or is he just trying to claw back a bit of money after he gave me a good deal when I treatened to complain about their customer service to Ford?

The other option I would have is to have a 'parrott' bluetooth fitted on to the dash but I am uncertain how this would look and how well they work.

I am also part exing my Ford Focus (53 plate with 26,000 miles) but have not had it valued by the dealer yet. If I decide to go ahead and pay the £250 deposit which they wanted by 10am in the morning to secure the car, I am sure he will only undervalue the car when I go in on Saturday to try and get even more of his money back.

I am in a bit of a dilemma - any advice welcome!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Parrotts look ugly on the dashboard. The demonstrator I had from the dealer during a test drive had one and it stuck out like a sore thumb - and even though the wiring was tidy, it was still generally untidy.

I'm no expert in car shipping, but £500 is probably reasonable from Guernsey. It's not like you can drive it back yourself for that money, as there's a lot of water in the way. I'm surprised there are no others in this country. Your spec is a very popular one. I got mine in less than a week, and that was onlya month ago.

Keep your chin up. There's bound to be something out there, and £19,500 is still a pretty good deal! Are there other dealers you can try, as they may have different stock. Is your spec a little bit flexible, like colour and perhaps different alloys?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tried lots of dealers but nothing else is available in the country. I have also been told that parrotts look a bit ugly and I dont really think I want that. I am also not flexible on colour - has to be panther black - people may think I am fussy but when you are spwnding nearly £20,000 on a car I think you have a right to be - maybe I should hold out for what I want - will need to make a decision soon!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts