Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
No don't think so, it's just that no one is actively monitoring and moderating and generally doing the admin stuff on this forum....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They've been contacted, just ignored !

To report, top rhs of post, 3 vertical dots, to report

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, missing you already...

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've also sent them a request that they make up a couple of regular user's to Moderator status to eliminate spammers and to keep a general eye on the site.
There's been a couple who have shown interest in undertaking this and hopefully someone from ADMIN can offer this as an alternative.

·
Registered
200 Posts
+1 to Happyarrys post, come on ADMIN.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Well it seems to be going from bad to worse, unless someone is extracting the Michael, particularly when as I am posting in this thread, at the bottom of the page I find recomended reading is the very subject/topic of this thread.

·
Registered
772 Posts
If the posts are not removed, just click on the offending posters avatar next to the original post and when their info page pops up click "Ignore" and poof, they disappear!

Just to be clear for anyone who needs it, first click on the avatar of the spammer:

When the spammer's info page appears, just click on "Ignore"!

Go back to the main page of the forum and "Refresh" the page and poof, they are gone!

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Yes I'm going to do that, which doesn't absolve the admin though..

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
If the posts are not removed, just click on the offending posters avatar next to the original post and when their info page pops up click "Ignore" and poof, they disappear! View attachment 3577
Done that, had to click on the 3 dots top right corner..........made no bloody difference, so back off site for a while

·
Registered
772 Posts
Done that, had to click on the 3 dots top right corner..........made no bloody difference, so back off site for a while
Really? I've just done it with the two spam messages in this section and they are no longer showing.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Ok guys I know the spammers are an issue but have a thought for the guys who own this site as this forum may not be their primary job especially in the current situation. My son is a web designer for our local council and some of the things that require changing which may take us 30 seconds to write in a post could take hours and sometimes days of programming. I agree it would be nice to at least get a response from admin but it looks like the site has been set up just to run without anyone looking after it. For all we know the "moderators" may be working on something more important.

In the meantime click on the spammers user name and then click ignore on the next screen and all the posts from that person disappear.

·
Registered
510 Posts
This site is owned by VerticalScope Inc. a 200 employee company running over 800 content hubs and community forums and is majority owned by the Canadian mass media conglomerate Torstar Corporation who paid $200M for their 56% stake in 2015.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
And look how many of them have appeared today as new posts, the guy's doing it to wind us up.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ok guys I know the spammers are an issue but have a thought for the guys who own this site as this forum may not be their primary job especially in the current situation. My son is a web designer for our local council and some of the things that require changing which may take us 30 seconds to write in a post could take hours and sometimes days of programming. I agree it would be nice to at least get a response from admin but it looks like the site has been set up just to run without anyone looking after it. For all we know the "moderators" may be working on something more important.

In the meantime click on the spammers user name and then click ignore on the next screen and all the posts from that person disappear.

All they have to do is appoint one of the many who have volunteered their services as a moderator.

A 'mod' will normally have the capability to remove spam and block an offending IP.

In the meantime, VerticalScope are happy to push Premium Memberships which do nothing more than you can do for free with AdBlock Plus

·
Registered
9 Posts
One of the administrators 'admin' was on 2 days according to their profile.
Would be nice if they would make a comment or respond.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts