Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just picked mine up, Sea Grey Titanium. Delighted with the way it handled but need to sit in the car a whiloeand fiddle to understand all the controls.

My first 4 x 4 too, but how do I know it's a 4x4 and not a 2WD? No marking on the body and none inside. Manual tells me the AWD light comes on when in 4 wheel drive but doesn't mention wherethat light is.

Please shed some light...

regards

Charlie

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Charlieparker,

Welcome to the forum.

If you go around to the back of your Kuga and then look underneath you will see a drive shaft going to the rear wheels you have a AWD if this is missing then a 2WD. I think there are some more technically minded folks than me on here that may be able to explain it better, but I think thats basically what you should see under your Kuga.

I can't help you with the dash light as my Kuga is 2WD.

Good Luck

Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks KugaCat,

I'm sure it's a AWD (well at least that's what I ordered!)'cause the tax was £170
. Funny though the only way to tell is to drive off road or search out the drive shaft. A nice AWD rear badgewould be nice and maybe another saying Zetec or Tintanium.

thanks for the good wishes

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey charlieparker,

I think you can get the AWD lettering to put on the back, I think another member as done this but I can't direct you to the thread it was awhile ago.
I agree with you entirely it would be nice to be able to tell the difference between them, after all all the other models in Ford's range are badged. Like you say,the only way to tell is bygetting your knees dirty and/or being nosey and looking in through the windows!! Like you say the tax is a good indicator, mine was £145 so definitely a 2WD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts