Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I had a very similar problem. Turned out to be a faulty battery. The battery was only a couple of moths old but because was not providing enough voltage was causing problems with the body control module. I would check the voltage at the body control module on the 2 larger red wires to make sure you are getting 12 volts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi I had a very similar problem. Turned out to be a faulty battery. The battery was only a couple of moths old but because was not providing enough voltage was causing problems with the body control module. I would check the voltage at the body control module on the 2 larger red wires to make sure you are getting 12 volts.
thanks for this - the battery was replaced last year by the ford garage when they were trying to solve the problem - but its only giving 11.49, i will check thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all
Does any one know how to re programme the instrument cluster to the vehicle? i have bought a new/restored one and am being told it has to be programmed. But i cant get to a ford dealer because the cant wont start because the cluster doesnt work..i have tried the self test mode no good
any advice please?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,896 Posts
I have never had a MK1 so not sure how programming works with Forscan but on the mk 2 I would have thought you would be able to upload your original IPC (instrument panel cluster) settings.

You can download your asbuilt file for your car from here.

Enter your VIN and download the file.

The above is only a theory as I have never messed with any IPC settings so perhaps best to get a second opinion either on Forscan or fordownersuk. I believe your clocks are the same as the focus.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have never had a MK1 so not sure how programming works with Forscan but on the mk 2 I would have thought you would be able to upload your original IPC (instrument panel cluster) settings.

You can download your asbuilt file for your car from here.

Enter your VIN and download the file.

The above is only a theory as I have never messed with any IPC settings so perhaps best to get a second opinion either on Forscan or fordownersuk. I believe your clocks are the same as the focus.
many thanks - once again! i will give it a try

·
5,896 Posts
many thanks - once again! i will give it a try
Just double check on what I said as it was only a theory based on my limited Forscan usage. Without going back over all the posts can you confirm you have Forscan and what OBD reader have you got. First thing would be to connect and see that the IPC is showing as a module.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dear smartguy/all
i have at last located a garage down here in france who will do the re programming of the new instrument cluster, i just bring along the two keys plus the old unit and vin numer etc. My appointment is booked in for the 28th june so i am hoping after that to ahve a resolution and might at last enjoy this great car..will keep you posted but thanks for the advice all of you so far..

·
5,896 Posts
Dear smartguy/all
i have at last located a garage down here in france who will do the re programming of the new instrument cluster, i just bring along the two keys plus the old unit and vin numer etc. My appointment is booked in for the 28th june so i am hoping after that to ahve a resolution and might at last enjoy this great car..will keep you posted but thanks for the advice all of you so far..
I have my fingers crossed for you. Looking forward to hearing some good news on this.

Reactions: Les
61 - 70 of 70 Posts