Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

I picked mine up today!!

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  naruco 
#1 ·
  • So today was the big day. I collected my kuga. 2017 shadow black 2.0 Titanium 150 manual. It really is fantastic. I loved driving it back on the motorway. I had 91 miles travelling back and it was so comfortable. I very quickly got used to the higher driving position. It's just a brilliant car and so easy to drive. I'm looking forward to taking it on some long trips when the lock down eases. Might give it a blast up the north Wales hills when allowed🤔

#2 ·
I thought car dealerships were still closed. My daughter ordered a car which she was due to have a look at on 24th March, day after lockdown. She is still waiting for Evans Halshaw to call. Should be cheaper now lol.

#11 ·
Always liked click and collect. I was a little surprised by the amount of businesses that just closed with lockdown and didn't use any innovation of how to modify their business to keep going. My local garden centre in my village was a classic example. I saw on the TV about garden centres closing and growers throwing plants away whilst many people stuck at home crying out for flowers and plants. The garden centre staff where still working so why didn't they get a load of flyers printed and offer a delivery or click and collect service. They are a hardware store as well so they could have stayed open.

I rang for a skip on Thursday from a company i had used before to be told that they weren't delivering to my village due to the current issues. Rang two other companies and it would be nearly two weeks for a skip. I am 15 minutes from the skip companies. I guess there must be a backlog with the recycling centres being shut for so long. Ended up bagging 24 rubble sacks and taking it to the tip in the Kuga. Least I saved £130. Hopefully not done the rear shocks in lol.

#5 ·
Hi Nick R
thanks for letting us know you have had the Kuga.One of the first things I bought when I had mine was rear bumper sill protector,at the time I had a German shepherd dog (sadly past away this February) And didn’t want the sill scratched,I got a stainless steel one but can get various types.
As I said before don’t be afraid to ask anything about the kuga.The driving position is good,high.
You will be back and fore here i Promise lol,looking for tips or for the banter,,good luck with the kuga and trouble free driving and ownership.

Ross

#6 ·
Thanks Ross. It is lovely. I am loving it so far. I'm sure I will be on here lots lol. I was actually thinking about bumper protector. Especially as the wife was saying "oh we can sit and have a cuppa on the back "!! I was trying to add a signature to my profile on here but I'm crap with technology and can't find how to do it😂😂

#12 ·
Congratulations on your new vehicle, I've been very pleased with ours. However if you are fitting a bumper protector I would strongly advise you to avoid the Ford flexible plastic stick on protectors. Instructions are poor, quite tricky to fit and avoid marking as you do so, and the thing adhered poorly to the surface. There are some more expensive options that are probably OK (easier to fit and better result) as others I'm sure will confirm.

#7 ·
Dominic Cummings is giving personal tours of the north east, so you could give it a run up there, he’ll get you a “get out jail free card”.
The welsh like the Irish and Scottish want to be free of us, so do a staycation drive and liberate yourself in the Geordie language, where everything is sweet “pet”

Enjoy.

#9 ·
Dominic Cummings is giving personal tours of the north east, so you could give it a run up there, he’ll get you a “get out jail free card”.
The welsh like the Irish and Scottish want to be free of us, so do a staycation drive and liberate yourself in the Geordie language, where everything is sweet “pet”

Enjoy.
He’ll have to go to Tyneside then to learn that lingo, DC went to Durham, every area in the NE is not Geordie land

#8 ·
For your signature go to your account settings then account it should be then on your left Click on signature and you should be able to fill it in then (That’s what it’s like on a iPad might be different on a p.c)

#10 ·
Glad you got your new motor Nick R.
It's more of a driving experience than a chore when your in the Kuga.
I had a sill protector put on my Kuga and can honestly say it's a great addition to the car.

Enjoy your new ride matey :)

#14 ·
Have to disagree with a Miller, my Ford transparent boot protector has been on over 2 years and even though I have 2 labradors that like nothing better than being in the rear, (one of which is getting on a bit and struggles to jump in, always catching the protector) it still looks like new, very easy to fit as well

Reactions: Nick R
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.