Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I currently have a Sync 2 fitted on my 2016 Ford Kuga.

At first, I looked on AliExpress at some Android head units for my car but then I realised that I needed a SYNC 1 to perform that upgrade.

I seen some forums in russian about how you can add Android to your Sync 2 but they went out of business

So then I looked to upgrade to Sync 3 but it costs around £700 and i dont think it's worth it.

I Just want to get android auto running in my kuga.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Have you updated to sync 2.2 as that should have android play and apple
For Sync 2?

I did find some add on interfaces on AliExpress that allowed adding more inputs and functions to Sync 2. There was also the "LockPick" system from Coastal Tech in the US, but I think they stopped producing the MyTouchAir https://www.coastaletech.com/mytouchair.htm

·
Registered
192 Posts
Try going to the following link and see if there is an update for you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No.. there is no update for my sync 2. I am already running the latest version and it does not have car play.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
From everything I've seen and read there is no update that will install Android Auto or Apple Carplay on the Sync 2 system. That was one of the updates/ features of Sync 3 (which is a totally different system.)

Be aware that there was apparently a manufacturing fault with the early build Sync 3 modules (the APIM IIRC?) So be careful buying parts if you choose to update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts