Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is there any differences in these s/w versions?
Dealer updated my Sync. 3 last week so it is now 3.0 and F9 map.
Ford website for my VIN says I'm up to date.

·
Premium Member
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,564 Posts
What happens if you swap to Sync 3 as far as updates for the Sync system and maps go? I'm sure my local Ford dealer would have a meltdown trying to figure out Sync 3 updates in a 2016 model. Or is it all done over wifi DIY at home (apart from maps?)

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
What happens if you swap to Sync 3 as far as updates for the Sync system and maps go? I'm sure my local Ford dealer would have a meltdown trying to figure out Sync 3 updates in a 2016 model. Or is it all done over wifi DIY at home (apart from maps?)
My understanding from balders who updated from sync 2 to sync 3 is you use the "as built" data from a sync 3 car.

@David38 I would have thought both sync 2 and sync 3 will be at different levels of updates. The maps for sync 2 are only available on SD card so you have to buy a new one each. Both versions of maps should be F9.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,407 Posts
You need to use Forscan not Focccus.

In the APIM As Built change 7D0-01-02 xxxx-xxxx-xxxx change the 1st 2 digits in the 1st block of four to 04. Leave the rest alone. So change to 04xx-xxxx-xxxx

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,407 Posts
I can assure you, it is that setting.

I've done numerous activations, if that doesn't work, you've done something wrong I'm afraid.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
It's not that one I'm afraid. I've already done that it's setting 172 in Focccus someone said you have to change it but didn't post what to change it to.
Setting changes using FoCCCus can be done using FORScan which is recommended. FoCCCus hasn't been supported since circa 2015 and will possibly only work up 2016 cars as the configuration files for later models are missing. The BCM changed in the Kuga for 2017 cars.

Have you done a master reset of the APIM.

What does it say in the top right hand quadrant of the screen and does the compass nearly fill that quadrant or is it small.

A picture of your current APIM settings would help as well as a picture of your sync 2 screen switched on to the home scree showing the four quadrants.

I do know the configuration setting for using FoCCCus but if you are using a cheap OBD adapter I am reluctant to give it as you could run into problems accessing FoCCCus using a cheap connector. Also when you are doing any programming on a Ford you need to ensure that your battery is in decent condition and have a charger connected.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts