Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been on this literally ALL day...without any joy...broken links, incorrect info etc
I have a 2016 ford kuga titanium x, ford website says my software is up to date (CCPU S/W version 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT), but in the system menu it does not have any navigation application setting, but says 'Sirius esn no sat radio',i have the four segment display with the compass in the top right quarter
I've purchased the OBD 327 500k module..
purchased the sd card with f8 maps
Downloaded forscan onto a usb stick(fat 32) with extended license.
Downloaded the navipatch.png onto the usb as well.
I've got right through to restarting the ignition after changing the APIM to 041C
I done a master reset and played about with the navipatch...I've no idea what i'm supposed to to with the navipatch and nothing has changed on the screen other than it now saying 'insert SD card', instead of 'information system', but when i do it says 'no device detected',
i've also downloaded the nav-app for 3.08 but got the message on the sync screen saying 'installation has run out of space or does not work with this version'.
Where am i going wrong????
Thanks so much, hope someone can help, without just pointing me at even more links, youtube videos, webpages or google...
mick

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
Which module block did you change. It should have been.

7D0-01-02
Change ???? To ?4??

Sounds like you done this. The ????being your numbers. Second digit in the first block of numbers changes to a 4 but please check you changed the right module.

It looks like you are nearly there with it asking for SD card however there appears to be a set procedure for doing this and as you don't know what to do with the Navi patch then that is why it's not working. You need to unlock the navi patch.Try this.

Make sure the only file on the usb stick is the Navi patch file.
Stick the usb stick in the usb slot on the car
Press settings
Display
Edit wallpaper
Click add
Ok
Usb 1
Click navipatch.png
Click back
Click navimap
Click UNLOCK

Come back out after you have unlocked the map and do a master reset.

After master reset insert SD card.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Is your sync system from a uk Kuga?
Sirius is the US satellite radio network, similar to DAB.

·
9,693 Posts
How have you got on today. There are possibly some things you have done wrong so you may have to start again by reloading sync.

I have some questions.

What version of sync did you have before you installed. 3.08
Did you format your usb memory stick to FAT32
Did you have any other files on the memory stick along with SYNC when you updated Sync
Are you certain your changed the right module and just the second digit in the first block
When you installed the navipatch file was there any other files on the memory stick

It could be that the map card you have is no good because it asks you to insert the SD which assumes that you have enabled navigation.

If you still can't get it to work you may have to post the question on forscan.

Let us know how you get on.

·
9,693 Posts
Mine is a Sync3 car and I have to Format USB to exFat32 but above you mention Fat32
That is what the guys on forscan recommend. It should be a fairly straight forward procedure adding navigation to sync 2 but looking at the dozens and dozens of pages on xda about it, would appear not for some.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
There are four formats for storage (disks, usb sticks and sd cards). FAT, FAT32, NTFS and exFAT. FAT only allows you to format up to about 4gb, so FAT32 was introduced which only goes up to about 32gb, NTFS (used mainly for disks on WIndows) and exFAT (extended FAT). you have to use whatever the upgrade issuer says, otherwise it won't work

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
I’ve only ever used quick format.
I also used a 64gb stick as the the ford sync stated 32 wasn’t big enough.
This was for a map update and not what your doing. Good luck anyway.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
If you have had a problem, it's always worth doing a full format... With my IT head on (I used to run an estate of 30,000 users)

·
9,693 Posts
Just checked on one of my usb sticks and it only gives me the option to format in exFAT or NTFS. If Sync 2 was developed by Microsoft then surely format should be to exFAT which is windows default on my laptop.

Perhaps the suggestion on Forscan is wrong unless of course all FAT formats are the same depending on the size of the memory stick. I will let Guzzilazz confirm that.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
FAT32 will only support a maximum partition size of 32GB, so if your stick is (say) 64GB you will not be able to format the stick with FAT32 without creating a 32GB partition on the stick or shrinking the volume size of the memory stick to below 32 GB. The tools to do this are available as an Administrator in Windows 10, BUT unless you are used to using the tool you stand a very high risk of messing up the hard disk of the device and losing the entire contents of the Hard Drive...so wrecking the PC and requiring a ground up rebuild...

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How have you got on today. There are possibly some things you have done wrong so you may have to start again by reloading sync.

I have some questions.

What version of sync did you have before you installed. 3.08
Did you format your usb memory stick to FAT32
Did you have any other files on the memory stick along with SYNC when you updated Sync
Are you certain your changed the right module and just the second digit in the first block
When you installed the navipatch file was there any other files on the memory stick

It could be that the map card you have is no good because it asks you to insert the SD which assumes that you have enabled navigation.

If you still can't get it to work you may have to post the question on forscan.

Let us know how you get on.
Thanks, so much for your time responding. Managed to get it sorted, the software link I was using to update to 3.10 was faulty (link was from a video i followed on youtube), tried a different link and now up and running. 🙂🙂🙂🙂.
Just to answer though, should others get same issue...
3.08 was the original software, i did not have to update according to Ford ( i did anyway, to 3.10).
Yes, i formatted to FAT32
No, there was no other files on the usb (i deleted and re-formatted after each operation).
Yes, i changed the correct module, triple checked before altering.
Thanks again fir all tge help.
Mick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts