Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my grubby paws on my toy!

very very pleased - drives a lot better and very different from my old 58 plate focus, and believe it or not, the kuga diesel is actually quieter than the focus petrol !

economy is not good 28mpg, but im guessing its cos its new and i have been sat in traffic,

and its got bluetooth which i wasnt expecting so that was a nice surprise!

couple of small marks on the paint, which isnt good, but dealer is happy to sort them out, although they are hardly noticeable and im sue it will get worse with the uncaring british public!

passed a vision one on the way home and waved furiously, they old guy behind the wheel just looked at me as though I was bonkers -lol

will post some pics soon

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Moggith Interested in your first drive opinions shame about the paintwork and concerned about the 28 mpg . . . . worrying andnot good. Most people have heard of a Mexican Wave perhaps KOC I'm sorry Kuga Owners Club members should be promoting Kuga to KugaWaves? Bikers as some posters have already pointed out are fairly generous with nods, flashes and waves amongst each other, andas the Kuga is still a rare sight on our roads perhaps this is something we can get behind, and get involved in . . . . Kuga Wave I remember my first two wheel transportation years and years ago now a Honda 90 every bugger laughed . . . . andnobody waved. Lol

·
Registered
287 Posts
glad you like your kuga. I started with 28 mpg but got up to 41 on a run . its dropped back with stop start city driving to a steady 33 now. drops to 28 though if I give it some action on the throttle, so I drive it fairly steadily now. some memebers get more mpg so no way of telling how you are going to get on long term.
hope you got the electric folding mirrors as well as blue tooth,sadly I didn't get either.

4 wheel AWD 2.0L titanium.enjoy the car . I still get folks asking me about it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hello Moggith
Glad you like your NEW TOY. It's true you get better mpg on a long drive (in high gear) but even in town you can get far more than 28. You have to have two things though 1. a light right foot (don't use more than a quarter throttle) and 2. get into a higher gear asap. Up to fourth gear that is, fifth and sixth use more fuel if you are only doing 30 mph.

In the titanium, you can setthe computer to give instant consumption readout. If your accelerator is on the floor in any gear you can be down to 6 or 7 mpg till you take your foot off.

AWD 2ltr diesel Titanium in Avalon

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine was low, less than 30 to start with, now 42 mpg with 2k on the clock, mixture between town and A roads @ 70. AWD!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts