Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well done Elliebird.
Despite all the agro, you got your Kuga really quickly.

Glad you love it

and at least you got to warn people about DC Cook. Have you got your money back from them OK?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it from the local dealer, picked it up Friday which was my birthday so it was extra special. D C Cook havent sent the money back yet but it is now in the hands of the company lawyers.
Question for you all..................where is the cd player???

·
Registered
126 Posts
The 6 CD auto changer is built in the Sony unit itself. You just load the CD's in 1 at a time. But that's if you got the 6 CD unit as it was standard on the Kuga but they only recently changed this to the DAB unit instead. I ordered my Kuga late in August and picked it up last Tuesday, unfortunately I got the DAB unit which I did not want
. As I have had one of these before and don't think there that good as they take time to change between stations. (Yes I'm one of those guys that likes flick between stations on the radio and the TV too
). Also if the reception is not good they just cut out completely and to top it all off I think some stations sound as good if not better through normal FM, So that's why I wanted the 6 CD auto changer. But as the wife pointed out I never listen to CD's in the car and if I did I would probably just break it or wear it out by keep changing from on CD to another all the time
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
It will tell you on the front of the Sony unit as it will have the DAB or 6dics logo on it

If it is the 6CD unit don't try and force them in as I think you have to press button to load another CD.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ha ha Thanks for cheering up my Sunday morning Elliebird. I guess this is your first of the new generations fords with the sony systems?? This is gonna freak you out i know it did me at first......The changer is behind the dash!!!! Just put a CD in the slot after pressing load and let it eat the CD , when this is done press load again and it's ready to eat again and so on until it has gobbled all of you Barry Manilow and Take That greatest hits!! (Just guessing that all women like that sort of thing) Lol hope this helps Edited by: Jase1

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, mine say's 6 discs on it. so I feed them into the dash? Jeeez good job \I asked then I would have been searching for weeks
Bloody cheek Barry Manilow..........I am 35 not 65!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
You're not the only one as after taking the Kuga for a test drive I started looking under seats and lifting mats all over the car until the dealer said ""are you looking for something""� well he just smiled when I said ""yes where the 6 CD changer that this cars got""�

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, just got to sort through 600 odd cd's to find just 6!!
Can't make my mind up but I think I will defo have the style council loud and NOT Barry flamin manilow

·
Registered
51 Posts
HI elliebird

If it's any consolation, I couldn't find my CD changer either when I first got my Kuga - had to ask him indoors for direction - that was the painful bit!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
You need to catch up with the modern times and get your self an mp3 player with a large memory. Then you can have all you favourites in the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right I hove gone and got myself up with the times and bought an Apple ipod not sure how on earth it works but hey I'm getting there!!!
Want to download all applematts choonz onto it for the car

·
Registered
58 Posts
Elliebird you seem to have taken the Bazza Manilow comment badly...but i don't hear you protesting about Take That? Mp3 really is the way forward if you have a big collection though!

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 02 reg focus had a in-dash 6 cd changer as did the dismal x-trail that followed. What have you lot been driving for the last 6 or so years. Oh and by the way, if you can find out how to write mp3 disc's you can have 36 albums in your cd player. Or so I'm told.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts