Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Don't know if anyone else has encountered this and I can't find a thread dealing with it.

Not really a problem, just an issue with the Service Indication on the Information Display.

I have my cars serviced more frequently than they are supposed to be. On the Kuga this has meant that even though the motor, etcare alltaken care of, the indication on the info panel just sees total mileage from the odometer and appears when it sees 12.5k, 25k, etc, etc.

The first time it happened I went to the dealer who kindly reset it for me but this time I called them and they told me how to do it - here is the procedure for anyone who wants it.

1 Set Ignition Off

2 Close all doors

3 Apply and hold full throttle depression

4 Apply and hold full footbrake depression

5 Energise the ignition button (don't start it - just touch it)

6 Wait for about 15 seconds and watch for the message telling you that the reset was

successful.

7 Switch off the ignition then start as normal and 'hey presto', no more annoying

messages when you start or accelerate hard.

Worked a treat first time.

Regards

PJ

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks for your message
Im sure it will come in hand for most of us who own the kuga

There has been a couple of threads about this

but some time ago ,

you have to keep Posting to stop been a Groupie
sorry

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thank you! "Service oil message reset".

I have been bugged by this warning message every day since my K crossed over 20,000 Km. I had the service carried out when the clock was on 19,990km (I was going away the following week). Sure enough I was driving home the 'Service Oil' warning came on, and then every ignition on since. I had just not got around to taking it back to the dealer, and you just helped resolve it without a making a special trip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fantastic, this really saved us some challenging English to Spanish conversation planning yesterday. Just as we were about to get our dictionary out spotted this Great thanks

·
Registered
434 Posts
Very good to know...........this needs going on nthe "how too" section.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That display has just occurred on my '08 Kuga, at 12500 miles - service not due for another 6 weeks. Was worried it was a technical feature that checked the oil viscosity!

Regards

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi ariesx20.Extremely useful advice, just keep on posting. Thanks. Bob.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great!

Just reset mine as per the instructions. There's only a small, unhelpful reference to this warning display in the manual so there must be a lot of owners who get quite worried at each 12500 mile interval especially if their annual mileage is less than that and therefore have a service at 12 month intervals.

Regards

Notts apothecary

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
It could be any one of a number of problems, you really need the error code which you're only going to get by hooking the car up to a diagnostic computer.

From personal experience if the car's not gone into limp home mode then you're safe to assume that it's not the DPF sensor that's tripped the warning message.
Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for this information, Got this message about a month ago (9 Months after the service & 8000 miles), brought it to the dealership who reloaded the latest PCM programme, they said this would cure the problem,adding that if the probem continued it cold cause the Engine Control Mangement unit to go into safe limp home mode. However, the Service Oil indicator came back on leaving the dealership.I spoke withFord Technical Helpline (1£ a min) did not really help much, but said it was only an Oil condition warning, based upon number of starts, distance travelled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
evening fellow owners, had this problem a few days ago and was puzzled as it had just been serviced, but on reading the advice given,many thanks, was pleased that it actually worked like magic. once again many thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for this, my local Ford dealer didn't know about it as their technician was away

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thanks to ariesx20 for this thread - just reset mine - works a treat.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts