Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i seem to have a faulty rear parking sensor on my Mk 2 Kuga (2016), it's intermittent as it sometimes works but then other times just beeps continuously and the indicator shows a red bar for that sensor as if close to an object. It's one of the inner ones nearer to the centre of the car.

Anyone know how to remove the sensor?

I've looked under and behind the rear bumper but there seems to be a cover over it which appears to be part of the rear bumper (so you can't simply remove the cover) so you can't see or get to the wiring connector or any fixings? Does it come out from the outside? I've read other threads about removing a clip from the back of the sensor to remove it but that was on the Mk1 Kuga.
Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ive fixed loads of faulty sensors in my time!! to find the one that's broken (assuming that you dont already know).. put the ignition on, engine NOT running.. (to be 100% clear engine NOT running!!!).. select reverse to turn the sensors on.
Now, go to the back of the car and put your ear against each sensor.. a sensor that's working will click.. a bit like a bat does.. you'll hear it. if there's no clicking... you've found the broken sensor. Check them all to see if there's more than one that's faulty.
After that, its an easy bumper removal and the sensor basically unclips. if its a sensor behind the wheel, you might be able to just unclip the inner wheel arch splash guard.
If you check on ebay, you should find a replacement sensor that's in the correct colour for your car. even a used one.
I previously owned a Cayenne where the porsche repair cost for 1(of) sensor was estimated at £700+vat from the dealer... the actual cost using the above was £18 and 40mins of my time...
good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Martin1977.
I've heard about listening to the clicking of the sensors before and have done this and all are clicking...including the possible faulty one but as i said before the fault appears intermittent as sometimes it works other times it constantly beeps as if detecting an object.
Taking the bumper off seems a big job???

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks Martin1977.
I've heard about listening to the clicking of the sensors before and have done this and all are clicking...including the possible faulty one but as i said before the fault appears intermittent as sometimes it works other times it constantly beeps as if detecting an object.
Taking the bumper off seems a big job???
Okay, in that case, it sounds more like a loose connection.
Next time it starts playing up, go and listen to each sensor. that way you'll know which one is causing the issue. Taking the bumper off isn't a big deal. Take your time and remove each clip carefully (some will be plastic and could be a little brittle). Theres a workshop manual available for the mk2, David posted the link above to the thread that its on... just have an old blanket available for laying your bumper on when you take it off.. saves it getting scratched up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts