Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020, Kuga PHEV, ST Line X.
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious, because didnt have chance to test it yet, what is better in terms of recuperating energy from slowing down in case going down longer downhills? Is it better to use brake, L mode or set adaptive cruise ON and leave it on car?
I have some doubts on L mode, because its incorporating engine = additional friction and energy consumption.
Have anybody already tested this?

·
Registered
2021 Kuga ST-Line X edition PHEV
51 Posts
L mode wouldn't be used. That's for pulling away in tough conditions as far as I'm aware, and you would never use it for normal driving.

Light and gentle braking or of the throttle would be best I should imagine, cruise might well keep some power on, but I don't think it would make much of a difference in the real world.

The dash display will tell you when it's regen mode, which it will do on the motorway even under cruise control

·
Registered
2020, Kuga PHEV, ST Line X.
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesterday tested first longer downhill. I used cruise controll to maintain the speed. It worked perfectly, I was able able to get 10% back on battery. Next time I will try it with L mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.