Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<TABLE =tableBorder style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =msgOddTableTop style="HEIGHT: 15px" vAlign=top></TD></TR>
<TR =msgOddTableRow style="MIN-HEIGHT: 200px; HEIGHT: 200px">
<TD =msgLineDevider vAlign=top>
<DIV =msg>I have recently fitted front and rear mud flaps. It was a very simple job and only took 30 mins. Here are the instructions for your information. The instructions recommend that you jack the Kuga up and remove the wheel , but I didn't bother. You will need a set of Torx keys though.

Regards

Kugameister

Edited by Kugameister - 15 Mar 2009 at 3:59pm
</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Fitted mine today.
Can get away without jacking the car up. It would make it slightly easier but not by much.

Took me about 30 mins to do all 4 corners.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Tarmo

In the UK Ford dealers expect you to pay for extra's such asMud Flaps, Mats , Not only do you have to pay for the extra's they charge you extra again to fit them.

Its a shame that little extra quality service is hard to find in this country and most are out to get every penny out of you.

Anyway all the best to you.

Regards

Snaps

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thats something I have got to get when I get my car in May so your tips have come in very handy thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is straightforward.
8 - screw the underside of the mudflap into hole where original screw was removed in '5'.

9 - fold thetab at top of mudflap and push through slot in wheelarch protector.

10 - parts D and E have to be put together to form retaining clip which, when squeezed together with pliers, securely fastens. I used a rubber pad to avoid scratching mudflap with pliers.

Good luck!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Have to agree it is an easy job. I didn't have any torx keys, so access for the rears is very restricted, so I took the wheel off. No problem though.
Find the biggest pair of pliers you can find to squeeze the clip on(big plumbers ones), and wrap one end so as not to mark the bumper.

One thing I did do, because the clips are difficult to initially get started on the mouldings, was to file chamfers on the inside corners of the open jaw side of the clip (with the ratchet serrations). This enables you to start the clip by hand and it stays on while youpick up yourpliers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
KugaJK said:
It is straightforward.
8 - screw the underside of the mudflap into hole where original screw was removed in '5'.

9 - fold thetab at top of mudflap and push through slot in wheelarch protector.

10 - parts D and E have to be put together to form retaining clip which, when squeezed together with pliers, securely fastens. I used a rubber pad to avoid scratching mudflap with pliers.

Good luck!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Although the instructions seem clear now, on the first read through, it seems as if the instructions were written by those clever chaps who also do flat pack wardrobes.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
easy as long as you have the parts removed when they were fitted.Some screws and plastic plugs are removed and exchanged for other parts when fitting the flaps.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts