Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If like me you have a Zetec K and liked the idea of the footwell lights that are standard on the Titanium then here's how to fit your own.

The holders take 501 bulbs which cost a few quid from Halfords and such like.

Gazwats said:
In the passenger footwell they're under the trim and on
the left hand side towards the bulkhead near the door and likewise on
the drivers side.
Gazwats said:
I've taken off the bottom trim, which was easy to remove and pop back into place, to give a better idea of where they're located:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great tip, fitted mine today to my zetec, I have blue trim inside, and have bought and fitted blue bulbs, look different and quite effective. Any other modifications that can be done to the zetec model? Gazwats..thanks again for good tip.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mike S said:
Great tip, fitted mine today to my zetec, I have blue trim inside, and have bought and fitted blue bulbs, look different and quite effective. Any other modifications that can be done to the zetec model? Gazwats..thanks again for good tip.

fitted blueies to mine too - to match the trim,

went with bulbs 1st but not that bright, so went for blue led's -

look the business!

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Nice one Gazwats greattttt tip,nipped in to my ford dealer today as was having my wifes ka serviced cost £2.10 for both bulbs will fit later as wife has taken the "9 day old Kuga to work " been feeling stressed all day it about she promised to take good care of it, but will feeel better when its home safe, and sound, with no dents or scratches as some people dont seem to care how close they park!........... Suv.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
put blue leds in, but bulbs are so close to carpet they dont light up as well as they could especially the passenger side which is almost under the carpet! do you reckon the holders are removable so i could fix them in a better position to direct the light and also i would like to light up under the seats for the rear footwells as the titanium is it best just to tap in to the supply here and run under the carpet?
cheers rog
Edited by: roadster1

·
Registered
137 Posts
oh yes it does help not doing it at night ! just gone out removed trim just twist the holders but. the light looks like a spot lamp rather than a spread of light which is what i want. with the vision blue and partial blue interior it does look good but i reckon with strips of leds will give it a more even look and under the rear seats anyone here done this and is it just getting off ebay
cheers rog
Edited by: roadster1

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all

I just brought my two bulbs for the footwell for my Kuga which I collect on Monday. Hope it is easy to fit??!?

Have many added mud flaps to the Kuga?

cheers all

·
Registered
Kuga 2020 ST-Line X PHEV Agate Black. (DAP, WP, DCP).
1,000 Posts
Barney
Have added mudflaps front and rear to my beast.

There is a forum threat in the techincal bit or how to unsure how to do the linky thing.

Stupot.

·
Registered
Kuga 2020 ST-Line X PHEV Agate Black. (DAP, WP, DCP).
1,000 Posts
Threat should read Thread. oops.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Barney

Done both on mine. Pretty straight forward. If you're fairly handy with some decent tools, and the weather is a bitwarmer than at present, allow yourself about 1.5 hrs. Definately worth the effort on both counts.

There's plenty on here on both subjects; just play about on the search function and in the 'how to' topic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
oh thank you all, I shall make a purchase on the internet. Think I have found a site that does both back and front pairs for forty pounds...? does that sound about right?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts