Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

There's been a few posts asking how you manually change the headlight beams on Kuga's fitted with Xenon headlights.

Well having taken the Kuga down to the dealership this morning to replace a blown indicator bulb (after just 5 weeks
) the fitter printed off the relevant page from the Ford technical bible.

He said it's as simple as three clockwise turns of the outermost (nearest to the front wings) yellow screws on the headlight housing.

Edited by: Gazwats

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think so Freddie.

When I was at the dealership (re the story in my opening post above) the fitter at first printed off the Ford guide for the standard headlights and all it showed was where on the lenses to fit the type of beam deflectors you get from Halfords etc.

When I explained they were Xenons fitted he then provided the print out pictured above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Gazwats,
Yours is an interesting post. I haven't been able to find out much about Kuga xenon headlamp adjustment including from the Kuga Brand Manager at Ford. Your top picture certainly appears to be from a screen print, possibly from the Ford TIS.

Does this print refer to the instructions for the nearside of the vehicle also as there are two yellow adjusters on each headlamp unit? I would assume that if you need to adjust the outside adjuster on the offside headlamp as in the picture, you would need to adjust the inside adjuster on the nearside headlamp.

Can you confirm or show the rest of the instruction?

Regards, jeccles2

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jeccles2 said:
Hi Gazwats,
Yours is an interesting post. I haven't been able to find out much about Kuga xenon headlamp adjustment including from the Kuga Brand Manager at Ford. Your top picture certainly appears to be from a screen print, possibly from the Ford TIS.

Does this print refer to the instructions for the nearside of the vehicle also as there are two yellow adjusters on each headlamp unit? I would assume that if you need to adjust the outside adjuster on the offside headlamp as in the picture, you would need to adjust the inside adjuster on the nearside headlamp.

Regards, jeccles2

That's the full page you're looking at, there is no page for the nearside light cluster. All you need to adjust is the top most yellow hole which is nearest the front wing as per the offside illustration.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Gazwats said:
jeccles2 said:
Hi Gazwats,

Regards, jeccles2

That's the full page you're looking at, there is no page for the nearside light cluster. All you need to adjust is the top most yellow hole which is nearest the front wing as per the offside illustration.

I think you have to adjust both headlight clusters, as the instruction states 'Both Sides' and highlights the just the outermost yellow screw on only one of them as the one to move. When I come to the UK, I will try the reverse adjustment to see how I get on. Thanks for the update, anyway!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts