Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Im in the market for a new Kuga, saw one on the road least week and fell i n love with it
. I have picked up a price list and will have a test drive next week. Has anyone brought one recently and how much can Ford dealers come down on the list price???

Im lookingfor a Titanium 4WD with no extras other than metallic paint.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have just driven a Kuga and will be ordering one in the next week or so. I have looked at different options for buying and have tried a couple of dealers. There are discounted stock available, try your local dealer. I saw one in my local Polar Ford dealer with the following spec for £19,500 - 2.0 Tdci Titanium AWDwith convenience and appearance pack in Grey. There are also a couple of online brokers to try (they put you in touch with a dealer, could be anywhere in the country, you dont pay the broker) who I have looked at and seem to be offering great deals. They are:

www.drivethedeal.com

www.dealdrivers.co.uk

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My small local Ford dealer very easily matched the prices from dealdrivers, both for the car and the options and I'm useless and haggling.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer seemed a little reluctant to match an internet price. Where abouts is your local dealer in Lancs? I am only in Manchester.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im useless at haggling as well... Glad to see that dealers arent chargin the list price!
Drive the deal has what Im after for £18,350 - It will be interesting to see what I can get the dealer to do it for. Will pop in and see them tommorrow.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
The dealer who was reluctant to match the internet price has emailed me twice in the last couple of days to see if I have bought a car yet. You have to play it cool and not seem desperate to buy the car. I did this and originally walked out saying that I would only buy if he at least matched the internet price. It seems to me that he is now coming round to the idea of maybe dropping his price so he can get a sale.You shouldnt feel bad about haggling ot getting a price dropped, the dealer will still be making a profit. Dont let them fool you with "I only have this amount of discount to work with" In my opinion there is always a deal to be done.

Another bit of advice would be to get some quotes from a number of dealers and maybe play them off one against the other to see what happens.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It also depends if you have a trade-in, that will give some flexibility. I bought from Greyhound Ford. Due 7th March all being well :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.....After a lot of calls to dealers, I have finally got what I wanted!
Titanium in black, apperance pack, bluetooth and parking sensors- Ended up costing 18900, which is a bit more than I wnated to pay, but after so much searching for car that didnt have to be specially built (so the dealers say?) I was happy to pay the price. Didnt have 18" wheels but think that was a small point for me.

Cant wait for the next 3 weeks until it arrives!

Have to get rid of the old volvo now....if anyones interested?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts