Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

What experience do other forum members have with the cost of a 2nd service?

I called Jennings ford, as this was the garage i bought my Kuga from 10 months ago!!! they wanted £190 for the second service.

So tried Holiways Ford and they quoted me £158 for the same service - car went in last Thursday and I must admit they did a good job and the customer service team were much better to deal with.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Been quoted £209 by Evans Halshaw at Blackburn (seems quite dear going by the above), anyone know of any cheaper ones in the North West?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kuga-R
Thats the reason for this post was to see what costs other members are receiving..... the difference i found was £32 and shouldn't vary too much and defintly not because of the location.

Just shows by looking around you can save...... and weather you live in the south to living in the north, the labour shouldn't be a hugh amount - this is from my experience, as I have lived in London, Oxford, the north West and now the north east!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recently had my second service carried out at Gordons Ford in Wigan. Bought the car from Evans at Chorley where it was booked in for its second service for £210. Decided to ask Gordons for a price and was told £145. Asked if there would be any surprises in store like window washer bottle topped up etc but they said the price quoted is what you pay and sure enough it was. Couldn't fault them and saved £65. Cheaper for my daughters Fiesta as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi just been given a quote from St Neots TC Harrison which i used for my first service and they were recommended and were cheap. i am taking it back for a second time which you would think would get me a better deal. well 250 was my quote. how ridiculous is that. Jsstevo i need some details of where you get yours done please. coming to leicestershire whereever that is. just hope it is this side of scotland. lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
for a couple of hours now i have been scouring this forum for info on services and prices and where to go and where not to go. well i have booked in with Rates by Lakeside for 142 all inclusive. thanks to the guys on the other pages in this forum for the info. just shows how one day a dealer is good and bad next. not that tc harrisons is bad but all of a sudden are expensive. pays to shop around. saved 110 quid plus the distance is way shorter.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have also booked mine into Rates for its first annual service. Have always been pleased with them up to now.
If you are a Ford Employee then you also get an even better special price of £95 for the first and second annual service. Cannot remember the 3rd year service price.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Had Kuga serviced at Rates in Grays, Essex today. Dropped off at 8am and ready to collect at 11 ish nice and clean, and ready for another year of pampering / driving.
Edited by: BruceKuga

·
Registered
546 Posts
I use them all the time wth no problemsand I think there very good.
Edited by: Titanium kev

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Had my 5 year old Ka serviced by Rates 2 days ago. Ford value service and Mot very reasonable.Found a couple of issues such as worn bushes (bloody speed bumps) and worn brake discs. I agreed to have the work done and I must say it drives like a new car. Very pleased.
Value service and MOT is £129 (£99 for FMC employees).
Bruce.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Just booked in for my second service @ Rates, got a good deal similar to those above. Lets hope all the potholes from this winter haven't done too much damage!

·
Registered
20 Posts
What do they actually do in the second service? Surely an oil and filter change should be easy and cheap. I'm guessing they do much more than that then?

·
Registered
899 Posts
My 2nd service back in September.....

Odour Filter

Oil Cooler Element

5.50 Litres of Shell Oil

Brake Fluid Change

Glass Cleaner change with Ant freeze.

£281.

Peter Stirland - Hungerford - A very good family run dealer.

·
Registered
982 Posts
After my Rates second service, £95, car was cleaned inside and out. Never seem to be disappointed by their service. So much so my next Kuga is on order. Placed the order after chatting to Calvin while i waited for the service So I guess when you look at that way, my second service was bloody expensive!

Seems these guys have a lot of customers on the forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, mines due for its first 12 month service booked in to ford garage where bought it from (didnt realise prices vary) charging £159.99 looking at rates grays on line quoting £127.00 I take it they stamp it with Ford stamp as I am on there options scheme so has to be done by ford dealer also can you get courtsey car with grays??

Thanxs Kuga1979

1 - 20 of 203 Posts