Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, im looking into buying a Kuga in a couple of months andI was just wondering how much you have all paid for yours and who is doing the best deal at the moment?
Iwould prob be going for the Titanium with privacy, apperance pack, inpanther black with panoramic roofand roof rails?
Edited by: daisbuys

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Newbie, as I was trading in my 2007 Mondeo Edge 2.0 Petrol (old model) against a Zetec in Panther Black I could not push them too hard for a deal. Basically all I got off was the Bluetooth and Mat's that they threw in as they were in the car they had in the Showroom.

Still awaiting news when Ford are going to get the fix to the DPF fault so that the dealer can release the car - very frustrating as I seemy carin their compound each time I drive past (the only plus side is that while I am waiting, they have promised to honour my trade-in price and I am piling on the miles so that is more miles on their car and less on my Kuga - I have to try and see something positive in this frustrating wait!)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Raptor.

Whats the DPF fault??

And how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking for the zetec?

I take it that they dont offer much off a discount on the Kuga as of yet? As my focus had a list price off £20,650 and they took it down to £18,450?

And has anyone purchsed on on privilige scheme yet. If so, what deal do they look at for you?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Newbie, I paid £20,925 with Bluetooth (£150) and Velour Mats (£50) thrown in (so basically a discount of only £200.

They have also put a Dealer fitted Ford Original detachable towbar on for mefor £450 (listed as £500 as a factory fit saving me an additional £50) and and Front & Rear Parking Assist for £295 (listed as £400 factory fits saving me an additional £105).

My Mondeo was a Delivery Miles March 2007 pre-registered car that I purchased in July of last year for £10,995 and I got £7,500 trade-in (based on 16,000 Miles), so basically I lost almost £3.5k over 12 months - but being the old Mondeo it was always going to lose out on re-sale.

Regarding the DPF fault, there is a risk that the Diesel Particulate Filter will clog forcing the car into Limp Home Mode (i.e 20MPH) and as a result Ford have put an embargo on dealers releasing any new Kuga's until the parts arrive in the UK and are fitter. My dealer reports that they are not even allowed to use their Demo Car at the moment. I am amazed that this has not hit the press yet.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats pretty bad that, but if ford released that information to the press the sales would drop dramaticaly!
So I can see why they aint released the information. And can also see why they are all holding on to them until they are all fitted with the new parts, as that would be easier than doing a total recall across europe!

Well looks like they are not doing any deals at the moment so will probably wait until xmas time before I look to buy one? Unless I can get one with 2k knocked off, but I wont hold my breath!!
Edited by: daisbuys

·
Registered
418 Posts
I managed to get a huge £50 off the GAP insurance, an extra £500 for my trade-in and a set of mats.

Still waiting for the car - it's taxed and ready to go but the dealer said that it could be up to three weeks for the car to be ready as they are wating for the parts.

I will push for extras due to the wait..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well at least mine isn't taxed but my Modeo tax runs out at the end of this month so I will be well pee'd off if I have to renew it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi
Spoke to my Ford salesman and he was with ford last week playing with the Kuga and the parts are due to be fitted in 6 to 7 days.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not sure how good I did on deal wise, Here in Ireland the Kuga is more expensive than in the UK, Starting at £27,800 Stg for the FWD. But I managed to get 7% off for not having a trade in. Looking at getting it for the first week of July.

·
Registered
9 Posts
we paid full list price for our titanium ... oh no, we got a full tank of fuel thrown in! initial june delivery now put back to august. we also went for the 18-inch wheels, parking sensors, bluetooth, sea-grey metallic. dealer teased us by allowing a test drive last week ... and there was a kuga on a stand at manchester piccadilly too which seemed too cruel! just can't wait to pick it up now ... £22.9k all in ... pretty reasonable i reckon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just did a google to find
http://www.archersofashby.co.uk/New_Kuga/kuga_zetec.htm

I don't know anything about them, or their offer.

Say they are a Ford Retail Dealership.

Sure there must be a catch, but worth giving a ring I guess.

I'm more worried about this DPF mod, what it involves, what will be the delay in terms of production and delivery .

Where is this mod being carried out? ie is it a factory fit or dealership for the first few?

Hope you guys who get your Kuga's in the next week or so will keep us informed.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dave said:
Just did a google to find
http://www.archersofashby.co.uk/New_Kuga/kuga_zetec.htm

I don't know anything about them, or their offer.

Say they are a Ford Retail Dealership.

Sure there must be a catch, but worth giving a ring I guess.

I'm more worried about this DPF mod, what it involves, what will be the delay in terms of production and delivery .

Where is this mod being carried out? ie is it a factory fit or dealership for the first few?

Hope you guys who get your Kuga's in the next week or so will keep us informed.

Cheers

Dave

I got my st3 from them in april!

Recommend 100% As I searched high and low for a st as cheap as possible and the price they show is the price you pay, and as a bonus they are normally in stock!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
all the discount 'one' should expect is a £2k ford employee discount of 'c' based cars.... obviously you need to work within the ford empire to get this!

Ask for a better trade in on your part ex cars - its the only way at the moment! Oh btw i'm loving my new kuga.... only 600 miles old currently!
Edited by: applematt

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Think I wil wait until they start to discount them which probably wont be until winter at the earliest.
And I also have the privilege discount as I work in the Ford Empire lol.

P.S Speedy, how much did they give you for your st? And what year/spec was it?

Cheers

·
Registered
368 Posts
it was a ST 2
white with blue strips

July 2007 with 6000 miles

and blue tooth

got £14000.00 part ex
My hubby works for ford too

Edited by: speedy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have ordered Zetec with App Pack, f&r parking sensors and Sea Grey met. In addition to £2000 Priv discount got £500 off (or £500 over book for p/xing 2007 CMax 1.8TDCI Titanium)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts