Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just got a 2WD Zetec and was wondering how many miles can you expect to getON a full (56litre) tank of fuel?

And how many miles can you get with an AWD?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Top tester,welcome to the forum (happy reading)
I am shown when I fill her up about 481mls til refuel on the computorised display and do an average of 320-350 on 3/4 of a tank.
SB

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi top tester, welcome !!
I have a 2WD TITANIUM SEA GREY WITH CONVENIENCE and APPEARANCE PACK, and on a full tank the computer says i get approx 540 miles to next re-fill. This must be the difference between AWD and 2WD. Just done a long run to Yorkshire and back and was getting 45 - 47 mpg.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You'll find that it takes a lot of miles for a diesel to fully loosen up and get optimum mpg. I had a 2006 Altea 2.0 TDi sport, that always returned 480 miles to a 55-litre tank. I traded it for a new (2007) Altea 2.0 TDI - same engine, same box, and I struggled to get 440.After a year (12k) it was returning 480 miles again, a year on (29k) it always returns 520-530 miles.

I've just ordered a Kuga TDCi, but accept I won't get the same mpg as the Altea, even though they both produce the same bhp. Weight is the reason. The Kuga weighs approx 150 kilos more - which is like having two adults in the car before you've even set off !

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi KugaNo,

There seems to be a little confusion about tank size.

However, I believe the original tank was 58 ltrs but sometime earlier this year (June ish) the capacity was increased to 66 ltrs.

So some of the answers above will depend on tank size. If you want MPG, I'm averaging 43 mpg on my 4 week old, 1200 mile,AWD in mixed driving conditions. Not bad me thinks!

TK

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi all

According to all the blurb from the brochure and handbook the fuel tank is 56 litres, but as TK mentions this has been increased.

I also average 43 mpg on mixed driving conditions.

Happy motoring

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi all, interesting to here about the tanks size. I put £55 (54 litres) in the other day with 1/4 tank left in. I was wondering as i thought 56 litres was tanks size and it did not click at the full point.

we are getting 40mph around the doors about 550 to the tank. I think this should be better on long runs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Greetings all,
I have been averaging about 40 to 41 mpg when not commuting (on the motorway) as I have only had mine a couple of weeks but today I reset the average mpg before starting the engineand my 41 mile drive to work, and by the time I got to work the computer said 48.5 mpg. But I found that the cruise control was better than me at controlling the speed, consumption increased faster with cruise control doing the work for 95% of the journey (mostly motorway).

By the way I set cruise control to 65mph for this result and would get better if I fancied a slower 56 mph journey.

PS I assume I have a 66 l tank as it took 54 litres when showing a quarter full but I dont have any figures for a full tank to empty yet.

Slimus.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow I must have a heavy right foot.

I am pretty sureI have the smaller tank, when full the computer says 440 miles. My computer average has never gone above 37.8, at the moment it is around 37.4. I have only done 1600 miles so far. can the AWD account for that much difference? Most of my driving so far has been urban and very little motorway.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi All, mixed driving 37-38mpg, wearing very thick socks though, car done 1200 miles now compared with previous car the Kuga isa heavy beast, but hauling it around is effortless,many times whilst driving previous car I would think . . . sure power steerings gone tosleep.Opened the bonnet for the first time yesterdayto check oil naughty! naughty! (month old)and washer fluid not quite sure why Ford think a key entry bonnet is a "must have" but there you go, and no I did'nt find any folding trays under there. . . . Felt like Mr Raffles opening that bonnet, wife said are those white gloves really necessary?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts