Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Titanium 2017 (old version) 1.5T petrol
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy my first Kuga and I was thinking about how many miles should I expect from it? I hope it will live for at least 15 years but I don't even have a guess...

Does the specific model change the answer?

Thank you all for your help!

P.S.
Sorry for my english, I'm foreign...

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,830 Posts
Hello MatanB.
Depending on your usage and servicing of the car will have a great deal of effect on the car itself.
If you drive like Miss Daisey I would suggest it will last longer than driving like Lewis Hamilton.
What sort of roads you intend to use, Motorway or loose cobbles road.
Where you choose to drive it too, Hot or cold country will also have some influence.
What's it going to be used for ? work or pleasure?

So there are lots of variables that you have to consider.

Welcome to the forum matey.

Ps. Your English looks fine matey...................Have fun.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,226 Posts
Hi @MatanB and welcome to the forum.

Are you from Israel. I don't think I have seen any members from your country.

Which Kuga model are you thinking of buying.

Your English looks fine is better than some who were born here.

Reactions: Katakana54

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello MatanB.
Depending on your usage and servicing of the car will have a great deal of effect on the car itself.
If you drive like Miss Daisey I would suggest it will last longer than driving like Lewis Hamilton.
What sort of roads you intend to use, Motorway or loose cobbles road.
Where you choose to drive it too, Hot or cold country will also have some influence.
What's it going to be used for ? work or pleasure?

So there are lots of variables that you have to consider.

Welcome to the forum matey.

Ps. Your English looks fine matey...................Have fun.

Hi!
Most of my usage is driving to work/pick up the kids/visit family... Nothing special.
Israel is a pretty hot country most of the year and I probably will use the air-conditioning system moat of the time.
Roads are a bit damaged but it still is a road.

Thanks 😊

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi @MatanB and welcome to the forum.

Are you from Israel. I don't think I have seen any members from your country.

Which Kuga model are you thinking of buying.

Your English looks fine is better than some who were born here.

Hey!
Yes, I'm from Israel, Kuga isn't so familiar here, I see a Kuga maybe once every 2-3 weeks if I'm lucky.

I was thinking of trend 1.5 T but if there's much difference in the estimated lifetime of the car/engine- I would consider something else.

Thanks !

·
7,226 Posts
Hey!
Yes, I'm from Israel, Kuga isn't so familiar here, I see a Kuga maybe once every 2-3 weeks if I'm lucky.

I was thinking of trend 1.5 T but if there's much difference in the estimated lifetime of the car/engine- I would consider something else.

Thanks !
The diesel is the more popular option here if you are buying the mk2 (2013-2019). I have seen some coolant issues on the 1.5 petrol and it's not very economical compared to the diesel.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Does Israel get the 2.0 T petrol, if you can get one they are much better than the 1.5 T and more economical.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The diesel is the more popular option here if you are buying the mk2 (2013-2019). I have seen some coolant issues on the 1.5 petrol and it's not very economical compared to the diesel.
Unfortunately, I didn't see any diesel Kuga anywhere here...

Are these issues bad? Or I should Just do a checkup about that every once in a while? ) Assuming I don't have another option)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does Israel get the 2.0 T petrol, if you can get one they are much better than the 1.5 T and more economical.
I didn't see any at my price range but I will take a look. If it's worth it- I can use some extra cash for that.

·
7,226 Posts
Unfortunately, I didn't see any diesel Kuga anywhere here...

Are these issues bad? Or I should Just do a checkup about that every once in a while? ) Assuming I don't have another option)
Perhaps have a read of this thread. Whilst this isn't a common issue I wouldn't want to see this on any car that has only covered just over 13,000 miles.

Loosing coolant | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,830 Posts
Keep asking the questions before you sign on the dotted line, It's most cost effective when questions don't cost anything.

The Kuga is a very comfortable car for the family and spacious inside.

The diesel will give you better mpg than the petrol model.

And remember it's a BIG piece of metal to keep moving, so the larger the engine the less strain on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keep asking the questions before you sign on the dotted line, It's most cost effective when questions don't cost anything.

The Kuga is a very comfortable car for the family and spacious inside.

The diesel will give you better mpg than the petrol model.

And remember it's a BIG piece of metal to keep moving, so the larger the engine the less strain on it.
Indeed.
I will take the car to a checkup before purchase. I hope that if there is such a problem- the mechanic will find it.

·
7,226 Posts
Thanks, I read it but didn't see anything that tells me what could be the cost of it or how common is it.
Do you have the answers? Or a wise guess?
The cost to repair was in the first post. £5,000.

·
7,226 Posts
My opinion is if you are planning to keep it for a long time then you need to look t something else or build some repair costs into your budget. It's not a common issue on the forum but it does appear to be more of an issue on the USA Ford Escape site. At the end of the day ford sell a lot of cars and some people are going to be lucky and others not so lucky.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My opinion is if you are planning to keep it for a long time then you need to look t something else or build some repair costs into your budget. It's not a common issue on the forum but it does appear to be more of an issue on the USA Ford Escape site. At the end of the day ford sell a lot of cars and some people are going to be lucky and others not so lucky.
The site that delivers to Israel is not the USA one, almost for certain. Hopefully it won't happen on this car, as you said: some people will be lucky and others won't.

Thank you for all your help! I wish you'll be on the lucky side of every coin in your life :)

·
Registered
2014, kuga titainium, 2l duratorq, 163, now 218bhp.. 326lb/ft torque. AWD, deep impact blue.
131 Posts
I'm about to buy my first Kuga and I was thinking about how many miles should I expect from it? I hope it will live for at least 15 years but I don't even have a guess...

Does the specific model change the answer?

Thank you all for your help!

P.S.
Sorry for my english, I'm foreign...
i have a 2014, 2litre diesal kuga, i dont drive like lewis hamilton (he could'nt keep up ) nor miss daisy, but do drive a bit hard, i have covered 120000 miles with only dpf issues, these been sorted, now very reliable and comfortable, economy since a few mods is in the 45-50 mpg range. My aim is 500000 before it dies, (optomistic but do'able)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have a 2014, 2litre diesal kuga, i dont drive like lewis hamilton (he could'nt keep up ) nor miss daisy, but do drive a bit hard, i have covered 120000 miles with only dpf issues, these been sorted, now very reliable and comfortable, economy since a few mods is in the 45-50 mpg range. My aim is 500000 before it dies, (optomistic but do'able)
500km?? That's pretty optimistic indeed 🙂
If I'll get this far- I'll definitely buy another Kuga right after it

Edit:
500k miles?? That's even better

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have done 50k in 2 1/2 years on a 1.5. Fuel consumption is 30 mpg (ish). No major issues so far. Car was ex Ford owned with 1600 miles on clock. First year of owning the car was 35k miles. Covid has meant more working at home, thankfully, so less 150 miles a day commute.
Full service history is a definite.

I beleive cars that are driven will be better than low mileage older cars, especially if they are motorway miles. Not much stop, start driving in traffic.

Reactions: Lespj
1 - 20 of 21 Posts