Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I wish I knew that before I spent my hard earned cash on what I thought were tyres that would last at least as long as their guarantee
Ian

Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
The road noise from a kuga is caused from bad wheel alignment because of the rear end not getting tracked. All the kuga model cars can have the rear adjusted and if done right on a 4way tracking system will minimise the road noise. When i bought mine it had budget tyres all round and the rear of the car would roar at 70mph so after doing the 4way alignment the noise was almost gone. once i swapped to Michelin tyres its totally silent now.

Reactions: MaoVi

Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
I have had a lot of people ask me to look at cars that they thought the rear wheel bearings had gone. Through incorrect rear wheel alignment the inside of the tyres will start to step and if you run your hand over the inner edge of the tyre you can feel it. This is down to the alignment being way out and the car is basically running on the insides of the tyre rather than the full flat surface.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I did have 4 wheel alignment checked some time ago and it was said to be good and was then later told by another person that mk1 kuga is renowned for road noise and only somewhat cured on later models so I took the 2 independent views as being correct, as I am not in the motor trade who am I to know what the truth of the matter is, I also wish I could of talked to someone like yourself before it was too late and not a salesman trying to make a sale.
As you are a professional mechanic I may have some more general questions about the restoration project I have on a 1982 Kawasaki 750ltd
Many thanks in advance
Ian

Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
I did have 4 wheel alignment checked some time ago and it was said to be good and was then later told by another person that mk1 kuga is renowned for road noise and only somewhat cured on later models so I took the 2 independent views as being correct, as I am not in the motor trade who am I to know what the truth of the matter is, I also wish I could of talked to someone like yourself before it was too late and not a salesman trying to make a sale.
As you are a professional mechanic I may have some more general questions about the restoration project I have on a 1982 Kawasaki 750ltd
Many thanks in advance
Ian
drop me a message anytime mate as I'm always around most days (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Strange but true? Ever since I've had new tyres fitted I'm getting static shocks when exiting car, is it just a coincidence? :unsure:

Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
Strange but true? Ever since I've had new tyres fitted I'm getting static shocks when exiting car, is it just a coincidence? :unsure:
I wet washed my sofa using hoover, also it's cleaned by rotary turbo brush, and I can confirm couple months after this we still have static shocks in the car (mostly when we touching doors) and also in normal house duties...
PS: my tyres has ~4.5mm tread left, and I don't believe it could be a reason...

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
Anything that is like a fleece isn't good for static shocks when getting out of the car.

@MaoVi - for a second there I thought you said you had jet washed your sofa. I did that to one of our patio furniture cushions and blew a hole in it lol.

Reactions: MaoVi and Cookieman

Registered
Mk1 Kuga 2.0d 163ps manual 4x4
@Cookieman
I just got a letter from Goodyear saying they would give me a dealer allowance of 40, 45, 60 & 65% on each of the four tyres. Very pleased with this outcome. Interestingly they didn't say an allowance against Goodyears - which is very fair of them I feel. So new tyres fitted, balanced etc for half price.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts