Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,000 Posts
So it it seems my tyres are slightly over 4 years old and therefore not covered by Goodyears guarantee/warranty, so by a couple of weeks I'm stuffed!!!! Lesson learned, don't buy Goodyear unless you can wear them out in a couple of years.
Thanks again to all involved
Too late as I put two on the wife's Mokka recently. We will have a free TV licence by the time they have worn down and we are nowhere near retirement age yet.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good luck with the TV licence!!! With the successive government's the elderly are getting their freebies slowly eroded, bus pass etc can now only be used off peak and only in your own area.
I thought I was being prudent getting decent tyres, silly me, having had a side wall puncture in the rear and the cracking on the front pair it makes you wonder if "decent tyres " are worth their money?
Anyway moan over, good luck to all and don't buy Goodyear!!
Ps I think I will stick to bikes, much easier, just looking at a xv750 1985

·
10,000 Posts
I am hoping they decide to get rid of the TV licence. Bus pass would be no good for me as we have one bus a day where I live.

Reactions: Cookieman

·
Registered
Mk1 Kuga 2.0d 163ps manual 4x4
146 Posts
So it it seems my tyres are slightly over 4 years old and therefore not covered by Goodyears guarantee/warranty, so by a couple of weeks I'm stuffed!!!! Lesson learned, don't buy Goodyear unless you can wear them out in a couple of years.
Thanks again to all involved
I'd double check that. I cannot find it on thier website (after a two minute look), but pretty sure Goodyear cover FIVE years from invoice date, or stamp on the tyres if you don't have the original invoice.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
The web site I saw said "five years with invoice or 4 years from date stamp", I've been back to the tyre bay from where they were bought and they seemed only interested in selling me replacements (surprise!!). From what I can gather IF I could get the 5years with no invoice, Goodyear ,might possibly (if I'm lucky) only honour a percentage so I guess I'd get less than 20% after they had inspected them (off the vehicle at my inconvenience). TBH I am going to chalk it up to experience and never have Goodyear again.
Just looked at their web site and I might send an Email

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,142 Posts
Goodyear EfficientGrip 2 SUV are great tyres with heft discount on them it sounds good:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Dear Ian,

Our passenger tyres are warranted for 5 years from date of manufacture , so yours are within the warranty period. The warranty covers manufacturing and materials but not accidental damage to the tyre, natural wear etc caused during use.

To arrange for a warranty examination please ask the tyre retailer or vehicle dealer who supplied the tyre to arrange the return to us.

Returning a product via the retailer who took your money for it best covers you as your contract in the UK is with them.

Vehicle main agents, tyre dealers and internet sellers can send tyres back for inspection if they have an account with us. If they do not have an account, the return can be made through their wholesaler who will then arrange to return the tyre here on their behalf.

If returning the tyre via the supplier who your contract is with is not possible for example distance to travel, many dealers will return a tyre under warranty as long as you are purchasing the replacement from them. Before buying the replacement you will need to ensure they are aware you wish them to return the tyres as part of the deal and they will offer any allowance should one be advised.

For further information on returns and the UK industry standard please see

Regards

David Mullin
Advisor Technical Customer Support & Service
T: 08453 453 453 option 3
[email protected]
This is the Email I have just received from Goodyear. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
351 Posts
I swear by Kumho. I fitted a pair to my second car (Focus MK2) and they did 40k+ in the following 3 years. So I fitted some more to the car that followed (Insignia) and they did 40k in 3 years… so I fitted some more to the Hyundai ix35 that followed and they were on when I sold it after 50k and 5 years…

Ecsta Le Sport and Solus.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes I agree Khumho are good/excellent, I have just purchased a 1982 kawasaki 750ltd ( my winter project) and the Dunlop tyres on it at the moment are from 2008/9 with no signs of cracking or perishing, go figure!!! I do know that they will have lost some grip due to age and hardening though.
Ian

·
10,000 Posts
Yes I agree Khumho are good/excellent, I have just purchased a 1982 kawasaki 750ltd ( my winter project) and the Dunlop tyres on it at the moment are from 2008/9 with no signs of cracking or perishing, go figure!!! I do know that they will have lost some grip due to age and hardening though.
Ian
I would be changing those in the spring. The one on the front of my CBR is from 2004 lol.

Reactions: Cookieman

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Smartguy, but are they cracked/perished? A good Yorkshire man will use them till the all the rubbers gone, LOL regardless of age. A good tyre man could always cut some more tread on them if you feel the need ( this comment is a joke and only intended as one, not real life or recommended)(sort of) LOL

·
10,000 Posts
Smartguy, but are they cracked/perished? A good Yorkshire man will use them till the all the rubbers gone, LOL regardless of age. A good tyre man could always cut some more tread on them if you feel the need ( this comment is a joke and only intended as one, not real life or recommended)(sort of) LOL
It's fine. They will get replaced at some point when the renovation goes ahead.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Original Contis still on rears of Kuga. 4 years old in August but cracking around tread blocks. Still 4-5mm tread left on them after 62k miles. Will be replacing them soon.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I agree but surely they should last as long as the guarantee? I am now only a very low mileage driver and will stick to mid range tyres, I stopped driving like a bat out of **** now I've retired and not on the clock!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts