Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
As the title says, How long have you owned your Kuga and what good and/or bad points you’ve discovered.

(I did search the forum but didn’t see any similar posts)

Never owned a Kuga until I bought my MK3 in 2020. Overall pleased with it. Only two minor problems, folding N/S door mirror stopped working,(replaced under warranty) and a rattle from the Drivers door lock, which was easily sorted.

Not comfortable about the 2yr service interval, so had the oil and filter changed midway through last year.

***. Update…. Forgot the stupid useless rear boot cover. The designer must have smoked something
Hi had mine for two years can say a very comfortable car not the best ford I have owned a few dislikes updates on sync3 giving up to do them and the other day went out on a cold night pulled of my drive power steering would not work car behaving funny revs all over the place, can only put it down to that I had a lot of electric items on at the same time. And to top that who at ford decided to stick the battery in a hard place to get to other then that not a bad ford kuga had better cars.

·
Registered
2017 Blue Titanium Mk 2.5 Kuga 2.0 Diesel Manual
3 Posts
Had a Mk 1 for 3 Years, then a Mark 2 for 2 years and after a couple of Focus's am back into a Mk 2.5 - Just can't keep away !!!!

Never had a day's problem with the first two, so here's hoping it's the same with the third

·
Registered
15 Posts
As the title says, How long have you owned your Kuga and what good and/or bad points you’ve discovered.

(I did search the forum but didn’t see any similar posts)

Never owned a Kuga until I bought my MK3 in 2020. Overall pleased with it. Only two minor problems, folding N/S door mirror stopped working,(replaced under warranty) and a rattle from the Drivers door lock, which was easily sorted.

Not comfortable about the 2yr service interval, so had the oil and filter changed midway through last year.

***. Update…. Forgot the stupid useless rear boot cover. The designer must have smoked something
Mk1 awful for road noise limited load space bouncy ride hate the thing should have got Mondeo estate

·
Registered
324 Posts
Had my MK1 8years and besides the road noise (not curable) I have been happy with it, only fault was the DPF pressure sensor, I used to do runs into the Yorkshire dales in winter and AWD was adequate enough, quite happy overall

·
Registered
34 Posts
had mine since december 19 had 1700 mls on it ex demo over cover done just around 8000 so not really run in no issues except remote tailgate has a mind of its own opens sometimes without touching the key or foot gestures even closes with me loading sometimes.
might have a resident poltergeist :oops: other than that no issues

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have had a Mk1 from new (Oct 2009) 2.5 Titanium with all the extras. 135km on the clock and it still goes like a dose of salts, sleek, reliable and a pleasure to drive. It has lived in Switzerland and Spain and coped well with the weather in both.....lts an awesome drive. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had mine since 2012, 97,000 miles.
Have grown to love it. Just had 4 new tyres (Michelin Cross Climate). Replaced the cam belt, water pump and guides early (service guide is 125,000 miles) but was concerned that with limited use over last two year because of lockdowns the cam belt might have deteriorated more quickly. All parts were in very good condition when removed (had the garage save them for me to see). Probably would have lasted to 125K but now have peace of mind. Battery replaced two years ago. I think leaving my iPod plugged into USB and not using the car daily caused battery drain and then battery would not hold charge after it had happened a couple of times. Biggest gripe is over suspension coil springs. Have had to replace three. Just the tips had broken but now an MOT fail. Have been told it is a design fault. Otherwise a joy to drive and many passengers pleasantly surprised how nice it is to ride in. With all the work that I have had done she is definitely a keeper.

So just had the wheels refurbished and powder coated. Bought a second hand set so I could swap the tyres over and still use the car while the work on the wheels was being done. Had the other set done as well so I have four 235/50/R18 alloy wheels available if anyone is interested. Not looking to make money out of them so would let them go to one of the Kuga friends on this site for what it cost me to have them refurbed (£240). Would keep them myself but unfortunately I do not have the storage space.

·
Registered
2020 Mk3 Titainium Lucid Red 1.5Ltr Diesel
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Had mine since 2012, 97,000 miles.
Have grown to love it. Just had 4 new tyres (Michelin Cross Climate). Replaced the cam belt, water pump and guides early (service guide is 125,000 miles) but was concerned that with limited use over last two year because of lockdowns the cam belt might have deteriorated more quickly. All parts were in very good condition when removed (had the garage save them for me to see). Probably would have lasted to 125K but now have peace of mind. Battery replaced two years ago. I think leaving my iPod plugged into USB and not using the car daily caused battery drain and then battery would not hold charge after it had happened a couple of times. Biggest gripe is over suspension coil springs. Have had to replace three. Just the tips had broken but now an MOT fail. Have been told it is a design fault. Otherwise a joy to drive and many passengers pleasantly surprised how nice it is to ride in. With all the work that I have had done she is definitely a keeper.

So just had the wheels refurbished and powder coated. Bought a second hand set so I could swap the tyres over and still use the car while the work on the wheels was being done. Had the other set done as well so I have four 235/50/R18 alloy wheels available if anyone is interested. Not looking to make money out of them so would let them go to one of the Kuga friends on this site for what it cost me to have them refurbed (£240). Would keep them myself but unfortunately I do not have the storage space.
Glad to hear that your MK1 is still giving good service and no doubt will continue to do so provided its looked after. 👍

·
Registered
Kuga 69 reg, ST Line Edition 180, Frozen White
56 Posts
8 months now - bought it with 18,000 miles in May, just done another 10,000 and no issues. Did an oil and filter change shortly after purchase, another last month.

I did 190,000 miles in my mondeo in the 7 years prior to the purchase and don't expect to do anything like that in the Kuga. But I believe in regular oil changes and it's not expensive so I see it as an investment.

How long I keep the Kuga is another question however. We just bought a 2019 RR Velar which is amazing fun, but as it only does 10mpg, I'll likely stick with the Kuga for work purposes for now (and showing up to prospective clients in the RR might give the impression that I charge too much 😉 ).

·
Registered
2020 Mk3 Titainium Lucid Red 1.5Ltr Diesel
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
8 months now - bought it with 18,000 miles in May, just done another 10,000 and no issues. Did an oil and filter change shortly after purchase, another last month.

I did 190,000 miles in my mondeo in the 7 years prior to the purchase and don't expect to do anything like that in the Kuga. But I believe in regular oil changes and it's not expensive so I see it as an investment.

How long I keep the Kuga is another question however. We just bought a 2019 RR Velar which is amazing fun, but as it only does 10mpg, I'll likely stick with the Kuga for work purposes for now (and showing up to prospective clients in the RR might give the impression that I charge too much 😉 ).
Totally agree. Regular Oil changes are the best way to keep an engine happy.

In the 1970’s 6k interim and 12k full services always stupilated an oil and filter change. Mind, back then engineering tolerances were one degree above Fred Dibnahs Victorian steam engines and used 10/50 oil.

My Kuga is 19 months old and has done 10.500 miles. It’s going into EH Chorley tomorrow for its 18k/2yr service early because I’m old Skool and not happy with running oil past 12.000 miles.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,799 Posts
Totally agree. Regular Oil changes are the best way to keep an engine happy.

In the 1970’s 6k interim and 12k full services always stupilated an oil and filter change. Mind, back then engineering tolerances were one degree above Fred Dibnahs Victorian steam engines and used 10/50 oil.

My Kuga is 19 months old and has done 10.500 miles. It’s going into EH Chorley tomorrow for its 18k/2yr service early because I’m old Skool and not happy with running oil past 12.000 miles.
I did the same and for a change the Ford where I got Vignale from really didn’t want to do the mid term oil change. They were trying to save me money then tried to charge me £155 and said that was the agreed price. Said they quote me a lot less. Anyway whatever, now it gets done when it’s due and not before.

Robbing barmaids.

·
Registered
Kuga 69 reg, ST Line Edition 180, Frozen White
56 Posts
All our cars every 4K for me, oils cheap, engine’s ain’t. 😆
Wow, that's pretty frequent, even for me:)

Do you do a lot of city driving?

·
Registered
846 Posts
10 k miles: Oil change, filters and Air filter regardless.
Cabin filter about every 18 months..

Air filter adds about 1- 2 mpg in my opinon, so soon pays for itself.

(Transmission oils every 40k miles chaps & chappess's? [manual])

41 - 54 of 54 Posts