Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mk3 Titainium Lucid Red 1.5Ltr Diesel
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Newbie here, bought mine used in July '21, even thought I'd fancied one since the original launch.

Went back in within 7 days of purchase for a leaking fuel filler pipe, after it was clearly leaking diesel over the drive. Had to push Ford to investigate further, after they initially maintained it was perfect, and wanted to hand it right back. Not good, especially as they were extremely belligerent (and quite rude) when I politely insisted they persevere - poor customer experience.

Didn't put me off, as I'd say it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. First one ever that I can't fault - and I've had a good few, big and small. Love everything about it, can't praise it enough.

I believe that the dealers are franchised? Friend of mine has recently had a horror show with his nearly-new Fiesta ST, his experience of uselessness (and damage caused by the 'techs') is beyond belief!
Dealer attitude and customer service has often been an issue raised by Ford owners when surveyed and was a problem when I worked for FMC. This was more evident when making warranty claims for second hand vehicles supplied by the dealer coming to the end of its warranty period or recently out-of-warranty claims. (A claims)

During the 70s and 80s there were two types of dealers, Main and Retail. Main dealers were under more FMC restrictions and control than Retail Dealers and would often refer ‘disputed’ warranty claims for new vehicles to Ford customer relations, who would arrange for a zone manager to inspect the vehicle and speak face to face with its owner at the dealers premises.

I would estimate at least 90% of warranty claims were successfully resolved to both customer and dealer satisfaction.

I guess times have changed, more bean counters than people with experience, intelligence and the right attitude when speaking with customers.

Reactions: RonnieM

·
Registered
Kuga Titanium X, 2013, Frozen white, 2.0 tdci, AWD.
196 Posts
Dealer’s are only as good as the people (or planks), that work for them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Dealer’s are only as good as the people (or planks), that work for them.
Very true, just like most big organisations are. Poor training and paying peanuts……. Result, get monkeys

• Haha
Reactions: Sttwoton

·
Registered
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 TDCI manual
1,780 Posts
Had mine December 23rd 2017 (registered March 2017),,2,754 miles when I bought it now done over 56,500..Had washer jets replaced,had a problem with the alarm going off at random times even when driving (No indicators flashing when alarm going off),,had it sorted under warranty.,no other problems so far only the usuall,tyres and brakes.,,final payment this month,hopefully keep it for a few more years.

·
Registered
846 Posts
4 years next April, Used as a van / tow car for business so done some work. had 17,500mls on it when new, now 69,000 as near as dam it.

The downs:

The water pipe changed under warranty due to alternator chaffage at 18,000mls
I assume the lease company who had it before removed a tracker box behind glovebox, replaced main earth wire with a weedy one, that burnt out and nearly set car on fire, only weeks after ownership. (Not Ford fault)

Items changed: (set of wipers doesn't count nor clean oil every 10,000 miles)
2nd set of tyres after 50,000 of the Gen2 Goodyears, Gens 3 next week.
Front discs and pads, close to 2nd set of pads on front
Rear pads, followed by Discs & pads.
Brake fluid changed.
Rear Shocks - Blistein B4's, did make a differnce, oems were leaking.
Witter tow bar with PF jones box. Works well on new LED trailer board.
Painted rear subframe.. They rust for fun.

I think front tracking out again, is this a Kuga thing or rough roads?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dealer attitude and customer service has often been an issue raised by Ford owners when surveyed and was a problem when I worked for FMC. This was more evident when making warranty claims for second hand vehicles supplied by the dealer coming to the end of its warranty period or recently out-of-warranty claims. (A claims)

During the 70s and 80s there were two types of dealers, Main and Retail. Main dealers were under more FMC restrictions and control than Retail Dealers and would often refer ‘disputed’ warranty claims for new vehicles to Ford customer relations, who would arrange for a zone manager to inspect the vehicle and speak face to face with its owner at the dealers premises.

I would estimate at least 90% of warranty claims were successfully resolved to both customer and dealer satisfaction.

I guess times have changed, more bean counters than people with experience, intelligence and the right attitude when speaking with customers.
Before my mondeo I had a 2005 mk2 focus. I took it to polar Ford for its first mot/service, and it failed the mot -apparently needing £800 of work (I forget exactly what was on the list) -I had a huge argument with the service person and her manager saying how could a 3 year old car with 35000 miles on it need so much work. I remember some of the failure reasons being things like indicator bulbs not the correct colour and headlamp aim wrong (all as original as it left the factory)

I demanded my keys back, stormed out vowing not to return, and took it to another garage nearby. One new tyre later at a cost of £60 and retest fee and the car had a completely clean sheet of health. The mechanic told me it's not the first time he had heard of the Ford dealers being rather generous with the mot fail list.

Reactions: Redguy and Sttwoton

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Before my mondeo I had a 2005 mk2 focus. I took it to polar Ford for its first mot/service, and it failed the mot -apparently needing £800 of work (I forget exactly what was on the list) -I had a huge argument with the service person and her manager saying how could a 3 year old car with 35000 miles on it need so much work. I remember some of the failure reasons being things like indicator bulbs not the correct colour and headlamp aim wrong (all as original as it left the factory)

I demanded my keys back, stormed out vowing not to return, and took it to another garage nearby. One new tyre later at a cost of £60 and retest fee and the car had a completely clean sheet of health. The mechanic told me it's not the first time he had heard of the Ford dealers being rather generous with the mot fail list.
Sadly I’ve heard of that type of disgraceful behaviour several times over the years, but normally it was associated with fleet vehicle operators who picked up the bill, not the driver. Unfortunately some MoT testers who work at a garage can be too enthusiastic when examining vehicles.

Personally I would have reported the Ford dealer in question to The Mistry of Transport and FMC customer services. The more people complain then the system will eventually have to investigate claims of wrong doing and punish those responsible, be it the MoT tester him/herself and or the garage/dealership owners.

I also believe that there can be a conflict of interest by MoT garages and would like to see state run test centres to improve public confidence in the test system and hopefully achieve more consistent results based on safety not profit.

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,284 Posts
I bought my first Kuga (Titanium X Sport - diesel) around 2017 from a friend who purchased it as an ex-demonsrtator - they let me have it for a stupidly good price, and I loved it - kept it for about 2 or 3 years, but didn't really get on with the diesel, so then bought my current ST Line Edition petrol about 2 years ago; again an ex demonstrator.

No problems, other than a few rattles and niggles that I've sorted out myself. Added many upgrades - mostly LED bulbs etc.

I think they're great cars for the money and full of gadgets.

Reactions: The Painter

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,799 Posts
The Vignale Kuga is the first of the five I have had that does not have a rattle.
The tit x sport from new on a 16 plate was riddled with rattles. One from the near side rear and the other was the sunroof. Neither Ford could really pin down but did offer to fit a whole new sunroof and all.
The headlamp change(xenon) due to bad aim had the front of the car off in less than a month.

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,284 Posts
I've solved all the rattles, apart from an occasional one behind the dash and one from the sun visor - opening and closing it fixes until the next day. Weird :unsure:

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
682 Posts
I'm really happy with mine owned from new since 2019. I too have the petrol ST-Line (now badged ST due to the number of various mods like the grille, custom rally flaps, gloss black wheels and most importantly power!) So far the only issues are like above rattles and also a peeling Xenon headlight (luckily replaced under warranty). Jinxed it now lol. MPG not too low considering it's winter, using E10 fuel & drive around town - 30mpg (not too far away from a diesel).
Looking at a deal for a new Ford Focus ST Estate though for June - still thinking about it...280PS...

·
Registered
Kuga Titanium X, 2013, Frozen white, 2.0 tdci, AWD.
196 Posts
Yeah, I love my mk3 Focus ST, not really a fan of the mk4 styling, although the estate is better looking than the hatch imho, I’m hoping it will grow on me , as I don’t know what I’d have next, not that I’m selling up any time soon. 😁
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Window Car

·
Registered
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 TDCI manual
1,780 Posts
My Wife had a Focus ST 3 nice car,but now has a Toyota Hilux Invincible x

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got mine 4 months ago 2017 plate with 23000 miles now done 33000, I'd better start thinking about an oil change. Using as a Taxi, my first auto, no clutch in clutch out all the time round town or anywhere. Changed o/s tyre 2 weeks ago. Still plenty tread on other tyres but tyre man said they are now perished, time to start saving. Love the cruise control not had that before. Come on snow, haven't tested my all wheel drive yet. I like the reversing sensor. My dislikes, mpg not good, boot space smaller than my zafira was (sorry for swearing), sat nav out of date but have google maps on phone. Overall I am loving the car.

P.S I love the defrosting in the morning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the car for almost a month. Liking the driving position compared to the old 407. Not getting dazzled some much by lights while night driving.
Have enable the Sat Nav and got that running. Thinking of upgrading Sync2 to Sync3.
Wishing it had heated seats, thought they were spec specific, not part of options pack. Previous one I test drove had them. Didn't even check before buying this one.

Hoping it will be as reliable as my last 2 diesels, 406 and 407.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium X Sport 4 wheel drive in white, led marker lights, full sunroof, power tailgate
14 Posts
As the title says, How long have you owned your Kuga and what good and/or bad points you’ve discovered.

(I did search the forum but didn’t see any similar posts)

Never owned a Kuga until I bought my MK3 in 2020. Overall pleased with it. Only two minor problems, folding N/S door mirror stopped working,(replaced under warranty) and a rattle from the Drivers door lock, which was easily sorted.

Not comfortable about the 2yr service interval, so had the oil and filter changed midway through last year.

***. Update…. Forgot the stupid useless rear boot cover. The designer must have smoked something
Only had ours for a month or so, generally very happy although needed a new battery which sorted out a problem with the radio, it’s a 64 plate Mk 2 with 37,000 miles on the clock!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Owned mine since 2016,bought secondhand - really comfortable ride, good on fuel. Only real gripe is tacky seat trims and a sticking fuel sender but I can live with that. Repairs have been new starter, new alternator and screen wash pump. On 80k now but hardly been used lately.. Probably time for a really good valeting and look for a suitable replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We got our hybrid new in August last year, and we’ve been pleased so far. Don’t like losing electric charging miles now the weather’s got colder, but using the app to warm the car in advance does give some back. Has anybody else found this?

·
Registered
2015 ford Kuga titanium 180 AWD panther black
3 Posts
As the title says, How long have you owned your Kuga and what good and/or bad points you’ve discovered.

(I did search the forum but didn’t see any similar posts)

Never owned a Kuga until I bought my MK3 in 2020. Overall pleased with it. Only two minor problems, folding N/S door mirror stopped working,(replaced under warranty) and a rattle from the Drivers door lock, which was easily sorted.

Not comfortable about the 2yr service interval, so had the oil and filter changed midway through last year.

***. Update…. Forgot the stupid useless rear boot cover. The designer must have smoked something

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,391 Posts
Hi @JennyR,

Why not pop over to our Newbies Section and introduce yourself, while you’re there, you can read the Site Rules and fill out your car model in your signature. It helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here…………Announcement - Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

@scrumpyjax, Please update your signature with your car model, details can be found on the link above.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts