Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mk3 Titainium Lucid Red 1.5Ltr Diesel
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says, How long have you owned your Kuga and what good and/or bad points you’ve discovered.

(I did search the forum but didn’t see any similar posts)

Never owned a Kuga until I bought my MK3 in 2020. Overall pleased with it. Only two minor problems, folding N/S door mirror stopped working,(replaced under warranty) and a rattle from the Drivers door lock, which was easily sorted.

Not comfortable about the 2yr service interval, so had the oil and filter changed midway through last year.

***. Update…. Forgot the stupid useless rear boot cover. The designer must have smoked something

·
Super Moderator
2,706 Posts
As the title says, How long have you owned your Kuga and what good and/or bad points you’ve discovered.

(I did search the forum but didn’t see any similar posts)

Never owned a Kuga until I bought my MK3 in 2020. Overall pleased with it. Only two minor problems, folding N/S door mirror stopped working,(replaced under warranty) and a rattle from the Drivers door lock, which was easily sorted.

Not comfortable about the 2yr service interval, so had the oil and filter changed midway through last year.

July 2018 from new. It has been ultra reliable. Seats are quite good but not up to AGR standards. Only bad point really is the rubbish infotainment system, which routinely drops stations and on which I gave up wasting my time updating last June.

My Kuga will go sometime in the next few months as Diesel in being demonised in most of London so my FHEV Mk.3 is on order.

Reactions: The Painter

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,799 Posts
The present Vignale 3 yrs 3 months. Paid it off and intended to keep.
Bought the first mk1 58 reg 18 months old and had for 3 years. Had another mk1 and two x 2 new mark 2 with a q5/Tiguan in between. So all together 12/14 years.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,762 Posts
3 years at the end of this month.
Done approximately 18k miles in it.
No problems, not even a blown bulb.

Didn't like it at first but it has grown on me and would replace with another.

Only design fault that comes to mind is load cover doesn't fit the load cover area and you can see everything in the boot if you use a torch.

Annoying rattle from behind the clocks which despite numerous attempts to trace is still there after the car warms up.

A decent car that is comfy for long trips and excellent mpg around the city. Most important thing is the wife likes it too and on a 450 trip last year we only had to stop for 20 minutes where in other cars it would be every two or three hours.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,391 Posts
I've had mine since March 2017, it's my first Kuga, I had never even looked at them until this one. It's an early MK2, 2013 Titanium X. I've done roughly 30,000 miles in my time.

Apart from routine maintenance stuff, I haven't had any problems with it other than suffering with water ingress which is now fully sorted.

I have carried out a number of modifications to it in the time I've had it.

Sync 1 to Sync 2 to Sync 3 conversion including Ford reversing camera
Autoclover Wind Deflectors
Gas bonnet struts
Roof rails
ST Line steering wheel
LED bulb upgrades
Additional Boot lighting
Detachable towbar with dedicated Ford 13 pin electrics
Remapped from 144 bhp to 184 bhp with Dyno printout
Blackvue Front & Rear dash cams
Exhaust Tips
Wheels powder coated

I think that's everything.

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,053 Posts
Part exchanged my focus back in 2016 for my mk1 Titanium X.

Have put 100,000 miles since...........yes proper mileage mostly motorway stuff.

Still love the car although it has had a nice few quid spent on it lately.

No plans yet on getting shot.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part exchanged my focus back in 2016 for my mk1 Titanium X.

Have put 100,000 miles since...........yes proper mileage mostly motorway stuff.

Still love the car although it has had a nice few quid spent on it lately.

No plans yet on getting shot.
100k that’s some mileage, well done. Although Greta will probably think otherwise.

·
Registered
2021-4 PHEV St-Line X
19 Posts
Had my MK3 PHEV from new for 6 months now. I really like it, and with 6500 km total (~4500 Electric) it really suits our needs. No issues so far.

Had a Focus estate mk3 1.0 Ecoboost 125 hp from 10k km to 100k km before the Kuga. Lovely car. Never a single problem.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It will be 3 years in Feb. Had 1600 miles and 6 months old when bought from Ford Direct. 56k on the clock now. Only warranty work was a vent that wouldn't close, and it has now started again (gives cold left little finger).
Still on original brakes and rear tyres.
Lovely comfortable drive, poor mpg, but cheap to convert to left foot accelerator.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bought mine in June 2016. It was 1 year old with 11k on the clock. It's now done 44k & never had a problem, not even a bulb.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Bought mine in October 2016 new, done a few mods but nothing besides lights and tyres.
My wife likes it, I've never really got to like it, but only get to drive it at the weekends.
It goes very well, but just not my sort of car, it's now done 60,000 kms

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,167 Posts
Continuous Kuga ownership since late 2011, first Kuga 2011 manual, (MK 1 Titanium X Pack), only problem was flat battery, sorted under warranty, turned out to be bluetooth voice control module, second kuga 2014 manual, MK2 Titanium X Sport, only problem V5 registered incorrectly, all sorted, third Kuga, late 2016 manual uplift ST Line, problem with DRL working intermittently, sorted under warranty, complete headlight renewal, current Kuga 2019 Vignale powershift, one problem with dashboard trim took 5 dealer visits to sort and IMO is best car Ive ever had, 11 years of Kuga driving, something must be right

·
Registered
164 Posts
October 2021 mine was delivered and I love it. Mondeo I've owned since January 2010 but the wife uses it nowadays more than I do (though she prefers the kuga)
Its Nice to have a work car that has no problems, unlike my last one... range rover evoque.

Went through a few hire cars whilst waiting for the kuga... hyundai tucson, vauxhall grandland x, kuga titanium mk2.5, Nissan qashqai. prefered the mk3 kuga to the lot.

·
Registered
Kuga Titanium X, 2013, Frozen white, 2.0 tdci, AWD.
196 Posts
We’ve had the wife’s Kuga two years now, only failures are, I fitted a new exhaust temperature sensor and fuel vaporiser, otherwise it’s just new filters and oil every 4K and usual wear and tear items, it’s a nice motor and she likes it, which is all that matters. 😁

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Funny how we all say, she likes it. Ha we know who the boss is don’t we!
Absolutely we do, even though they say their not the boss

• Haha
Reactions: Sttwoton and Psshaw

·
Registered
2016 Kuga, Titanium, 2.0 TDCI (Stage 1 Mapped), Panther Black
64 Posts
Newbie here, bought mine used in July '21, even thought I'd fancied one since the original launch.

Went back in within 7 days of purchase for a leaking fuel filler pipe, after it was clearly leaking diesel over the drive. Had to push Ford to investigate further, after they initially maintained it was perfect, and wanted to hand it right back. Not good, especially as they were extremely belligerent (and quite rude) when I politely insisted they persevere - poor customer experience.

Didn't put me off, as I'd say it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. First one ever that I can't fault - and I've had a good few, big and small. Love everything about it, can't praise it enough.

I believe that the dealers are franchised? Friend of mine has recently had a horror show with his nearly-new Fiesta ST, his experience of uselessness (and damage caused by the 'techs') is beyond belief!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts