Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i`d like to know just how good this Kuga is, I have to say im not generally a Ford fan and I drive German cars as a rule, I`v had a few VWs and have progressed onto Audi`s which are just about bullet proof and almost totally reliable.
I have to say though that the Kuga is just about one of the best looking cars Iv seen in ages andit looks great from every angle, im thinking of chaging my car in a few months time and the Kuga is a possibility, butbefore I have a test drive i`d like some honest owner opinions please, also Iv seen some references to 2WD, I thought the Kuga was part time 2WD where it goes 4WD when needed?

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't know if you get an independant review here because there are a lot of fans on this site (including me)

I have driven Audi's and BMW's all my life and this is my first Ford.
It definitely is a very good car (but I only had it since a few weeks so what can i say (it has to prove itself for years)) and Ford gets closer and closer to the german cars but in my opinion it isn't as good as VW, Audi and BMW (who are more expensive when you have the same options).
Especially when you look at the interior you can still see the difference between topclass and highclass.

This doesn't change the fact that I am still in love with this car. I really love how it looks and handles.
I have looked at the Tiguan also but I chose the Kuga and I already know that I will never regret that!!

Edited by: mouse1277

·
Registered
153 Posts
The last Ford I owned was a Capri back when I was a student in 1989 or so, since then the general blandness of the Ford design hasn't tempted me at all (even though they have had great reviews generally across the range for their driving ability and fit/finish in recent years). I've run a variety of new VW's, Subaru's, Mitsubishi's, a Honda, Kia and even a Porsche since the Capri.

I've not got my Kuga yet (ordered it Tuesday) but have been looking at the rest of the competition in the sector over the last couple of months. Main contenders for me initially were the Tiguan, Freelander 2, CR-V, X3, RAV 4 and the X-Trail. Added to that the Renault Koleos and most recently the Kuga.

Test drove the lot except the RAV 4 (hated that as soon as I sat in it, far too dated) and the X3 (after sitting in and driving the Kuga I didn't feel the need to drive the X3, couldn't justify to myself the additional cost of a new X3 and when I've been in friends X3's I've not loved the ride or the interior quality).

Clearly I'm pro Kuga having just ordered it, just seems to me to be a completely new generation compared t all the others I checked out with perhaps the exception of the Tiguan (which was nice inside and drove well with one exception - the gear change was like stirring a bowl of pudding, not for me at all) and although I thought the VW was a good car I couldn't get on with the rather bland looks, no matter how many times I see one I just see a big Golf and too me that's a little boring and not what I want.

The Freelander was perhaps the best of the bunch but it didn't tick enough boxes for me to justify the extra cost (once you spec it up similar to the Kuga), and to be honest I'm only loving the well specc'ed Freelanders and they have to have a bit of kit on the outside too for me to see anything desirable about them. If I was going to want it for more off-road work than M6 motorway it perhaps would have ended up being a Freelander order, but as it is I will do a little towing in grass/mud every now and again so hopefully the Kuga will be up to the job.

Hopefully my enthusiasm isn't missed place, time will tell :)

Happy car hunting.

Edited by: rich_y2

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers i`ll be interested to hear how the Kuga tows too as I take my boat out from time to time, although I admit to be german biased im not totally blinkered and if the Kuga fits the bill I will go for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
championkuga said:
And don't forget that the KugaIS actually a German car so if you like them, don't discount it. I think the design and technology does feel rather Germanic.

I new it! it just had to have some German influence looking that good

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just placed my order last week, and I went on what my future son-in-law had said about them after he came back from a course that he's company had sent him on which is a Ford garage in Gorleston he is a panel bettor, had to go to a top Ford place to see how they are put together for when he start working on them. But after the course they took them for a test drive over very rough terrain and he was very impressed and that is saying something for him, there was one test they done he was telling me, if you put a car on to two wheels the doors are hard to open and close properly, but with the Kuga they managed to get it so most of the weight of the car was on one wheel and they had no trouble opening and closing doors, he had nothing but praise for this motor which as I said before is saying something.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Woody

1 - 10 of 10 Posts