Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought my Kuga it was my 1st ever 4x4 & bought it for a particular reason!....ie: safety/pulling power/fuel consumption& of course it's stunning good looks !.I think i've picked the right one out of all the current 4x4's in this price bracket... This question may be directed towards members who have had 4x4's previously.How does it compare& would you say this is the best yet ????.........is it a
or is it a

·
Registered
227 Posts
For looks... I think it's the best looking SUV on the market at present. The "Individual" spec is coming out too, which makes it even prettier, if that's what youre after.

Lets face it, there are far more capable 4x4's out there. The Freelander has been at the top of its game for a while now. Its brilliant offroad with its intelligent terrain response, low ratio and locking differential. Towing capabilities are also fantastic (although all Kuga owners on here are pleased with their Kuga's towing prowess). In the advert, the Freelander pulls a passenger airliner accross the runway! I'm not keen on its looks as it's just a minime Range Rover. They are also much dearer. I doubt its as good on the road. If you live in the country, on a farm and have horses, get a freelander, or even better a Discovery. These have both won WhatCar best Compact 4x4 and Large 4x4respectively fora couple of years now (I think).

It depends what you're after. The VW Tiguan is probably the Kugas nearest rival. They are so close on the spec sheet and priceit really just comes down to which one takes your fancy IMHO.

I'm completely made up with my choice to buy a Kuga and so is the wife (she drives it more than me), the kids love it to and so would the dogs if I ever let them in it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had my Kuga since the end of July, in the last 6 years I've owned a Kia Sportage, & 2 Freelanders, all were excellent 4x4's, BUT the Kuga is by far the superior of them all.

The Sportage had excellent Torque, and was a dream to drive, but it never had the edge that the Kuga has got.
BothmyFreelanders were seriously heavy to drive, & both blew there head gaskets! Yes Freelanders work hard, but they also are prone to very expensive problems.

Before we bought my Kuga, we tried almost every 4x4 there was on the market, & we did our homework with all the car reviews we could possibly read. The only car that came near the Kuga for us was the VW Tiguan, for reliability, perfomance& refinements.

I am very happy with my Kuga, it does just what I need it to do & looks good in the bargain.

So I give it a big

Edited by: Greeny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts