Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
Just goes to show you can have a little diversion but still stay on track.

Reactions: davidoff

Registered
I cannot find a high back booster seat for 4 year old that fits (2015) - To use isofix even pushed over as far as it will go to connect i cannot get the lap belt into the clip. Even not using isofix and having the seat pushed right over towards the door its difficult. (and unsafe imo as not sitting flat) I have seen a lot of people having the same problem but have not found anyone with a solution. Latest purchase was the Jane montecarlo R1 (quite narrow) and still the same problem. So many brands say their seats will fit but unfortunately the web full of people who have found out they do not. Does anyone have a high back booster preferable with isofix that fits???
Hi, I have an 2018 Kuga, the car seat I use is for my three year old granddaughter. It鈥檚 called cyber Pallas B-fix group 1/2/3 I bought it from Uber kids. Best thing carseat I鈥檝e ever bought. And I鈥檝e bought quite a few 馃ゴ

Registered
I cannot find a high back booster seat for 4 year old that fits (2015) - To use isofix even pushed over as far as it will go to connect i cannot get the lap belt into the clip. Even not using isofix and having the seat pushed right over towards the door its difficult. (and unsafe imo as not sitting flat) I have seen a lot of people having the same problem but have not found anyone with a solution. Latest purchase was the Jane montecarlo R1 (quite narrow) and still the same problem. So many brands say their seats will fit but unfortunately the web full of people who have found out they do not. Does anyone have a high back booster preferable with isofix that fits???
Hi, I have had the same problem. I have a late. 2019 Kuga. I bought a Joie from Smyths but it didn鈥檛 fit. I took it back and the Smyths assistant confirmed it would fit 2019> cars but did fit <2019 cars. Although from what you鈥檝e said this may not be correct. Joie customer services were useless. They told me to not use the isofix straps as they are only there to stop the seat from moving when vacant. And to pull the seat over in order to insert the seatbelt, then push it back.
I would be interested to know if you managed to find one that fits as I am still looking.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi, I have had the same problem. I have a late. 2019 Kuga. I bought a Joie from Smyths but it didn鈥檛 fit. I took it back and the Smyths assistant confirmed it would fit 2019> cars but did fit <2019 cars. Although from what you鈥檝e said this may not be correct. Joie customer services were useless. They told me to not use the isofix straps as they are only there to stop the seat from moving when vacant. And to pull the seat over in order to insert the seatbelt, then push it back.
I would be interested to know if you managed to find one that fits as I am still looking.
No solution yet, some options mentioned in discussion to try, they are correct that isofix on highback boosters are only there to stop the seat moving but even not using them and having to move the seat over to insert the seatbelt imo is not a seat that fits.

Super Moderator
I agree but to make it fit and usable, we have to adopt our ways. We shouldn鈥檛 have to but needs must.
I don鈥檛 like the idea of a small child and seat being retained by a three point seat belt.

As a retired traffic cop, the devastation cause to an adult wearing a normal belt is stomach churning. So Isofix + seat belt/harness and some faffing about for a moment of frustration is far far better than a life time of regret.

Each to their own of course. 馃憤

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
I agree but to make it fit and usable, we have to adopt our ways. We shouldn鈥檛 have to but needs must.
I don鈥檛 like the idea of a small child and seat being retained by a three point seat belt.

As a retired traffic cop, the devastation cause to an adult wearing a normal belt is stomach churning. So Isofix + seat belt/harness and some faffing about for a moment of frustration is far far better than a life time of regret.

Each to their own of course. 馃憤
My dad broke his sternum on a seat belt. Reminds me of why there should be a medical for drivers over a certain age as the other driver couldn't turn to look to see what was coming. You will have seen quite a few accidents like the one we were involved in, Phil. Surprised they haven't stopped people turning right on 70mph dual carriageways.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts