Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find a high back booster seat for 4 year old that fits (2015) - To use isofix even pushed over as far as it will go to connect i cannot get the lap belt into the clip. Even not using isofix and having the seat pushed right over towards the door its difficult. (and unsafe imo as not sitting flat) I have seen a lot of people having the same problem but have not found anyone with a solution. Latest purchase was the Jane montecarlo R1 (quite narrow) and still the same problem. So many brands say their seats will fit but unfortunately the web full of people who have found out they do not. Does anyone have a high back booster preferable with isofix that fits???

·
Super Moderator
5,888 Posts
Hi and Welcome.
We have a Graco , that we got from Smyths Toys. You came extend the headrest up as well.

When our 4 yr old granddaughter is seated in, I have grab the whole set and pull it 1/2 insh or so for the buckle to click it.
Let me see if I can find the model. It has isofix but they are on straps which give it a little more flexibility.

·
Super Moderator
5,888 Posts
So what you could do with this one, is lift the lock tab on the strap, so you can move it sideways, sit her in it, place the seat belt, then push her back across the pull the straps tight.
I just tug it across a bit. Seat belt slides as it should through the shoulder feeder as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what you could do with this one, is lift the lock tab on the strap, so you can move it sideways, sit her in it, place the seat belt, then push her back across the pull the straps tight.
I just tug it across a bit. Seat belt slides as it should through the shoulder feeder as well.
Thanks for the info will go to smyths and see what they have.....seems incredible that the seats (and belt clips) are not wide enough to accommodate a safety seat without having to adjust it each time you try and get a child into it....if i was a nanny who only needed it occasionally it wouldn't be so much of a problem but i do a lot of the school runs! can see this being a nightmare. I dont bend as easily as i used to lol x

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
Hi and Welcome.
We have a Graco , that we got from Smyths Toys. You came extend the headrest up as well.

When our 4 yr old granddaughter is seated in, I have grab the whole set and pull it 1/2 insh or so for the buckle to click it.
Let me see if I can find the model. It has isofix but they are on straps which give it a little more flexibility.
Same here Phil. Looks like whoever designed the placement for the rear seat buckles got it wrong. My 10 year old granddaughter has to do the same when she buckles herself up and when both the grand kids were younger I had to do the same and pull the seat away from the buckle to fasten it.

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same here Phil. Looks like whoever designed the placement for the rear seat buckles got it wrong. My 10 year old granddaughter has to do the same when she buckles herself up and when both the grand kids were younger I had to do the same and pull the seat away from the buckle to fasten it.
can see this driving me up the wall and doing my back in!

·
9,693 Posts
can see this driving me up the wall and doing my back in!
It's not just the Kuga either. In my daughter's car my granddaughter has the same problem. The booster seats are either too wide or some car manufacturers are putting the belt buckles in the wrong place. I don't think it's an issue in my wife's Mokka as I am sure she would have mentioned something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not just the Kuga either. In my daughter's car my granddaughter has the same problem. The booster seats are either too wide or some car manufacturers are putting the belt buckles in the wrong place. I don't think it's an issue in my wife's Mokka as I am sure she would have mentioned something.
child safety has been a priority for many many years now you'd think these sorts of issues should be non existent. I get that with the sheer amount of different styles and levels of function within child and baby seats that there will never be a guarantee of all styles fitting all cars but - all cars should be able to correctly fit at least some otherwise they are not fit for purpose for anyone with children. Oh well, i'll keep trying and will update with progress/solution/ or what i'm having to put up with!

·
Registered
Kuga 1: 2017 Titanium Moondust Silver 1.5 Ecoboost. Kuga 2: 2016 Zetec Frozen White 1.5 Ecoboost.
78 Posts
We have Cybex Solution S-Fix for our 7 year old but think it does from 3 year old upwards.

(Name can be a bit confusing. When bought originally it was called Solution S-Fix, then when bought a second one last year was called Solution S I-Fix And looks like latest model now called Solution S2 I-Fix.)

We had found the width an issue too with some child seats.
In the previous cars had a Cybex Solution Z-Fix in one and Cybex Solution S-fix in the other.
Found the Z-Fix too wide for the Kuga though, but the Solution S-Fix fits better so ended up buying another Cybex Solution S-Fix (by then called Solution S I-Fix) when got our 2nd Kuga.
We have found the S-Fix does fit with Isofix although still a bit awkward leaning over the child to clip the seatbelt in, but as our son is now 7 he can do that bit himself now, and we just then make sure its all OK.

Depending on which seat you eventually go for it might be easier to double check/clip seatbelt is in ok from the other side by leaning in from other rear door?

Reactions: Litlen

·
Super Moderator
5,888 Posts
Is that just baby seats, or do you look around the boys toys, radio controlled cars and boats, model railways etc.
We were on a mission!
We had bought one and we just could not get it to fit right and it was mighty expensive. So it was boxed up and collected.
As we were taking up more duties with the second baby, we had to get one!

A long winded answer to say No , I wasn’t given the time as the daughter was with me.

Oddly I paid as well 🧐

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that just baby seats, or do you look around the boys toys, radio controlled cars and boats, model railways etc.
def not taking hubby - took him with me when grandaughter was 1 - I turn around and he's buying a Mclaren electric ride on (guess who had more fun sitting her in it and using the remote control round the living room) and he just loves to remind me how much fun she has in it now (3 years later) zipping round the garden.....I'd be looking for car seats, god knows what he'd end up coming out with lol

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,407 Posts
A long winded answer to say No , I wasn’t given the time as the daughter was with me.
Not really long-winded, we both know someone who could use way way more words to say No. :D

Reactions: Psshaw

·
9,693 Posts
Trying to save energy by not speaking as much. The more words I type, the quicker my tablet will require charging and seeing as it's costing me double from today I am not happy. Anyone who thinks electric is the way forward is wrong. This will be my next car and it has no issue in getting child seats to fit in the five seat version.

Tire Wood Automotive tire Font Trunk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts