Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there all....when ford gave the price of the kuga i was told the on the road price was £22500 for the titanium......when i ordered my kuga the dealership added another £150 for a preparation fee and £60 for diesel .....i would have thought these charges should have been in the on the road price.....has anyone else been charged for these items

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you read the small print you will find that fords only state on the road costs as estimates. So coast can vary from dealer to dealer as Allen fords charge up to £500 for a pre delivery inspection but always chuck in a full tank worth £60, mats worth around £25 and mud flaps fitted worth around £60. But they are not free as it's just a ploy to get you to purchase extras you may not have wanted any way.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Dagenham motors only charge £250 and only give you £15 worth of fuel.

But remember they are desperate for your money now as sales are slumping, what ever offer you get always ask them is that the absolute best they can do as you are going to check elsewhere and if you find it cheaper you won't even bother calling them back. Don't fall for the ploy ""we can do it cheaper if you order and leave a deposit today""� just tell them ""look just tell me the absolute best price you can do and if I can't better it elsewhere I will be back with a deposit""� this just worked for again when ordering a new fiesta as I got nearly £3K of the on the road cost for a 5 door Titanium.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi....that was on top of the £22500....i also put another £2000 of extras on so i thought it was a bit of a cheek

·
Registered
113 Posts
Shop around - always. The last car I boughtbefore the Kuga I bought from a dealer in Newcastle, and had it low loaded to Suffolk for £200 and that still saved me £2K on list.

I told my dealer I wanted to pay £21400 for my Titanium with app pack, met paint and 18" alloys. He tried to beat me down in terms of fuel, 12 months tax etc, but I got what I wanted with the fuel and tax - stick to your guns on the price you want to pay, give the dealer some chance of flexibility so you can both say you won! I askd for Mats and Mudflaps as well, and they were the only non-deal breakers, and he said no to them - I couln't have cared less, and the mats came for free anyway...., oh and be prepared to walk away if the deal is not for you - don't get sucked in to the dream too quickly, hearts rule heads here- Final tip is to read moneysavingexpert.com's tips as well.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Got mine from Dagenham Motors and the price I paid was the OTR price agreed. I got a tenner in petrol (woo) and preparation etc included in our agreed price. I'd certainly challenge this. An on the road price is an on the road price, end of story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts