Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi to everyone on here (whether your from Wales or not). There's a few Kuga's on the road around here so looking if they areon here too!!

I spent a lot of time using this forum before I purchased a Kuga, so now I'm an owner thought I'd better join up.

I've had my Kuga for about 2 weeks now. It's a 4WD Titanium in Tango with Appearance pack, bluetooth and the 18" alloys.

I've jumped out from a Focus ST into a Kuga - (long story why) and although I'm sorry to see it go I am more than happy to be driving a Kuga.

Took a little bit of used to with the higher driving postion, but I really am impressed with the handling of the car.

No doubt I'll have some questions but I'm sure this is the best place to get all the info.

(Great forum with loads of info on by the way!!)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi KugaRugby & Congratulations on your Tango Kuga - I very nearly ordered that colour too - was torn, but decided upon Vision because I liked the blue flashes inside on the Zetec !!

I am picking up lots of Kuga info on this wonderful site - so thanks to everyone from a Newbie !!

I have not seen one Kuga here in Worcestershire - are there any about ?

Roll on March 1st !!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey KugaRugby I'm in Llanelli and I've got an electric white white one

Give a wave if you see a girl with a small dog in the back, i'm not the old couple who drive around in an electric white one

I'll give you a wave, can't be many Tango's around here

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Electric white is a very nice colour - would have been my first choice but I had limited colours available.

More on that story coming up .... 

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi mate, fellow Jack here! What part of Swansea are you from then?

I also had an ST, sadlysold it 3 weeks agobut nowlooking forward to March 1st also when I pick up mine form Evans Halshaw in Cardiff!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hope you are going for lunch - the food is excellent there !!!

Although my particular fave thing to dois to pay a visit to the "old fashioned sweetie shoppe" in the courtyard opposite.... Pearl Drops bought from the jar and put into a little white bag....mmmmm...... my particular favourite !!! lol.....

Then walk up to the Broadway Tower - penance done after all those sweeties !!

Enjoy and safe journey !!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey, thanks for the tip! Yep, going for lunch so glad to hear it is good. Hopefully my Kuga will be up market enough to take there

Thank you also for the good wishes

Sarah

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Daisbuys

Recognised your username from http://www.focusstoc.com where I'm also a member.

I was following the story of your ST sale and noticed it dragged on for a while. Glad you finally managed to sell it.

I'm from Birchgrove. I'm pretty sure I've seen your old ST about in the area.

·
Registered
260 Posts
KugaRugby said:
Hi Daisbuys

Recognised your username from http://www.focusstoc.com where I'm also a member.

I was following the story of your ST sale and noticed it dragged on for a while. Glad you finally managed to sell it.

I'm from Birchgrove. I'm pretty sure I've seen your old ST about in the area.

Ha ha, I'm from Birchgrove to!!!! So it was probably me driving my ST then
. The sale did drag on but I didn't pay for any advertising as it was all free, the day I did I was pretty much getting 2-3 phone calls a day(as it was also keenly priced).

Sold it via Piston heads in the end and took the first offer of 13k, 3 days after paying for the advert. What ST you have, seen an orange one and a blue one crusing around the area now and again.

I live opposite the Bridgend inn, no Kuga there at the mo, but my partners new shape black Fiesta Zetec is there hogging the drive at the mo.

Whats your username on STOC mate?

You get any Ford discount at all on your motor at all?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I know exactly where you live!! I see your car everyday when I drop my son off to school every morning as I park in the pub carpark (awesome Sunday lunches in there!!)
I'll be there tomorrow morning at 8.50

Your black ST was a very good looking car - it had another sticker on the back - was it a mountune job?

Here's mine, the original pre-facelift, a 5 door model

I am amtaylor on focusstoc. That site is tremendous now, run really well andagooddesign. It would be good if this kuga site develops the same way, but it needs a bit of work and the google ad's can be reduced in my opinion.

I have a voucher for my Fords. My old man is retired employee from Jersey Marine. He got out before they started shedding workers there - shame, not much left there now.
Edited by: KugaRugby

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Adrian.

The badge was a Dreamscience, I had it remapped with the DS hand unit and an ecu spacer. It should have been running approx 272 - 280bhp.

Did you remap your STat all?

Do you think you feel the need for more power in the Kuga and would you consider the Code red remap from Wolf? I am hoping its going to be good enough as standard, shall see in 2 weeks time.....

Food in the Bridge is spot on init, I think I might of seen you pulling up outside there a couple of weeks ago and had to park by the pavement as the car park was to full?

Shame I will miss you this morning, leaving for work in 5 minutes. Probably catch you next week though as we have a lay off week in Ford Bridgend as we are short on parts(apparantley!?).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never did remap it at all. I had all these grand plans to stick dreamscience on and a pro-alloy intercooler but never got round to it.
What did you do with the ds - did you sell with the car or separately?

I was really worried about going from the ST to the Kuga because of power decrease. I never got the chance to drive a Kuga before buying it, let alone any diesel in the Ford range, so I was going in blind.

So far I have been suprisingly impressed. Obviously it's got nothing like the low down grunt that the ST offered, but the diesel unit is very torquey. It's meant I've had to learn a new driving style. The ST allowed you to be lazy because the engine power and excellent gear ratios meant you could drive around without changing gear too often. With the Kuga it will struggle to pull off in 2nd from an almost stop, the ST it was no problem. In the Kuga I need to change down to 2nd to turn a corner, in the ST 3rd would be fine.

In terms of speed then I've not been over 80 yet cos I'm easing her in gently!! It accelerates well (for a diesel) I think - obviously nothing like the whiplash you'd get from the ST.

Overall I'm very happy. It's nice to have cruise control and even better to have a car that does more than 20mpg around town!! Plus hopefully it won't get me any more points!!

Yes that was me in the Bridge a few weeks back. Was worried about leaving it on the road, but others parked behind, so it was better then. I'll be there again this Sunday!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mouse1277 said:
KugaRugby said:
I've jumped out from a Focus ST into a Kuga - (long story why)
Let's hear it (if you want). I am interested to hear the why
!

Hi mouse

Well I loved the ST. It was simply an amazing car that would happily take you around town, cruise effortlessly along the motorway and be an absolute scream when you floored it.

I swore I would never sell it because it was practical with the family, yet fun when I was out on my own.

Afriend of mine sent me a speculative text about a month ago asking if I was selling the ST. I phoned him and he explained that he needed a car urgently because their Mondeo was being returned within a week. I initially said I wasn't looking to sell, but I would at least have a look at what the ST was worth and phone my dealer so to see what offers were out there at the moment. So he was under no impression that I was definitely going to sell and it all depended on the price of the ST and what I could get. Plus I had to get a car within about 2 weeks so thatmy friendand I were not carless for too long.

I went back to him with a price (he didn't moan) and I got prices from the dealer for another ST. There were no deals onST's and the dealer was kind of putting me off them. I phoned another dealer and he pretty much said the same. He also explained that used ST's were currently dropping by £800 per month, so I kind of accepted then that selling now what be the best thing to do. The question was what car was I going to jump in to?

Another ST was a no. I looked at a Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCi as it had £2000 privilege discount, £1550 additional discount then an extra £800 discount if you used Ford options. The problem for me was going from a 2.5T to a 1.6TDCi, so I kind of ruled that out. I then looked at Mondeo, but after trying one out at a dealers I decided it was too large for what I needed. It was only by chance that the dealer mentioned to me that there was good money off Kuga's until the end of the month (January). So he put some figures together, had a search on the system and came up with 3 colours that were available within a week. These were a Silver with appearance pack, Tango with appearance pack 18" alloys and bt, and a Vision with bt. Initially I went for the vision, but then swayed for the Tango because of the appearance pack.

I hadn't seen a Tango on the road and my mother has the new Fiesta in Tango (which I did not like the colour on). After ordering I was kicking myself because I was then not convinced it was the right colour. However a week after ordering I picked it up and was very pleased. The Tango on a Kuga is not as in your face as it is on other models. I think the silver roof rails, silver trim on the window line and front and rear silver on bumper really contrasts well with thecar colour. Plus the blacked out windows balance well with it all.

So overall I am very happy. I haven't seen another Tango on the road around here yet, so I'm unique at the moment. Plus I had an amazing SUV, with loads of kit for a really good price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
daisbuys said:
I seen you on Sunday mate, ADE going into Tesco's! Must have been after the bridge eh?

Yes that would have been me.

I had to cancel the Bridge cos the mrs had a funny tummy (I was gutted cos I was really looking forward to it).

Notice you got a new Fiesta on your drive - how do you find it?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ye, thats the other halves!
I was a bit dissapointed in it originaly being only a 1.25, but remember I did come from a 2.5 turbo!

You initaily have to rev it and keep the revs up for some nice smooth driving, but once the speed is up there it holds it pretty well, 80-90 on the motorway without so much of a flinch which I am really impressed with.

But what impresses me most is the handling!

The car is effortless going into corners and even better coming out of them, and she loves the swoopy lanes, really does and can glide through them.

I am now looking forward to the ST version and hope I can persuede the missus to get one of those then, as I am sure it will be a great car!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts