Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
St blue 2017 2.0 kuga st awd load’s of extras love this car
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But hear we go (copied form other post) Bit of a rant and after some advice, The other half had a crash 8 weeks ago I think it should have been written off the cars worth around 18k according to webuyanycar (ITS ON PRIVATE PLATES) so someone may think 07… insurance sent to a garage where it sat for 7 weeks. It’s had new bumper, wing, bonnet, light, a/c, radiator, suspension, a arm rack or something and a wheel. We’ve had the car back a week now within a day we noticed the door was loose, rattling. Garadge said bring it back we’ll fit it 2 minute job (there’s 2 screws missing) they said they hadn’t touched the door. We get there and a fitter said was a new door and said we was embarrassed that he had forgotten to put them in. A manager came out and I pointed out the door wasn’t in line looked like it needs lifting a bit, he said we haven’t touched the door and that the hinges had worn out and this happens on older cars. I asked if it could have been caused buy the accident he said No. I said ok I will take back to ford It’s 4 years old and has warranty + 3 years extended they’ll fix it. At this point he backtracked and said he would put a new hinge on free of charge I declined and said if it’s nothing to do with the crash ford will fix. I had already stated my doubts with the workmanship saying if you can miss a couple of screws in a door latch what’s been missed underneath. At this point he said if your going to ford you have a big oil leak you might want to get them to look at (Why not mention this when handing the car over or before I would have payed for anything extra) has the crash caused this and he’s hidden it because insurance would have written it off meaning the garage would lose repair costs. We’re on day 5 now driving on motorway dash lights up saying service engine now I’m getting really worried that my kids are in a death trap I’ve booked in to ford a week today about the door. And will ask them to check it over. Anyone else had a similar problem any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,977 Posts
This sounds like a real bag of worms and hope you get it sorted. I don’t think Ford would entertain a warranty claim due to the accident damage/repair you need to get in touch with insurance company who authorised the repairs. I’m presuming everything was fine before the accident and a car only 3 yrs old shouldn’t have worn hinges or oil leaks, maybe accident has caused more damage than what was assessed

·
Registered
2020 Mk3 Titainium Lucid Red 1.5Ltr Diesel
159 Posts
But hear we go (copied form other post) Bit of a rant and after some advice, The other half had a crash 8 weeks ago I think it should have been written off the cars worth around 18k according to webuyanycar (ITS ON PRIVATE PLATES) so someone may think 07… insurance sent to a garage where it sat for 7 weeks. It’s had new bumper, wing, bonnet, light, a/c, radiator, suspension, a arm rack or something and a wheel. We’ve had the car back a week now within a day we noticed the door was loose, rattling. Garadge said bring it back we’ll fit it 2 minute job (there’s 2 screws missing) they said they hadn’t touched the door. We get there and a fitter said was a new door and said we was embarrassed that he had forgotten to put them in. A manager came out and I pointed out the door wasn’t in line looked like it needs lifting a bit, he said we haven’t touched the door and that the hinges had worn out and this happens on older cars. I asked if it could have been caused buy the accident he said No. I said ok I will take back to ford It’s 4 years old and has warranty + 3 years extended they’ll fix it. At this point he backtracked and said he would put a new hinge on free of charge I declined and said if it’s nothing to do with the crash ford will fix. I had already stated my doubts with the workmanship saying if you can miss a couple of screws in a door latch what’s been missed underneath. At this point he said if your going to ford you have a big oil leak you might want to get them to look at (Why not mention this when handing the car over or before I would have payed for anything extra) has the crash caused this and he’s hidden it because insurance would have written it off meaning the garage would lose repair costs. We’re on day 5 now driving on motorway dash lights up saying service engine now I’m getting really worried that my kids are in a death trap I’ve booked in to ford a week today about the door. And will ask them to check it over. Anyone else had a similar problem any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Personally I’d arrange to have the car independently inspected to check that the accident damage has been repaired as per the insurance repair schedule. If faults (poor workmanship, panels repaired instead of being replaced and any other accident damage that has not been repaired.) are found then contact your insurance company and supply them with a COPY of the engineers report for their information and attention and ask what they are going to do about it. Also do you have legal protection, if so you may need to activate that policy in the event of any legal action against the garage and insurance company.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,253 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Generaldan

Your first point of contact if you are not happy is with your insurance company. They are the ones who authorised the repairs with the garage. I would want the car inspected elsewhere and a report done on the repair work.

Can you add your car's details to the signature box as it will save you having to type it in for any future issues or questions. Details here. Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

Reactions: Gregs24

·
Registered
666 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Generaldan

Your first point of contact if you are not happy is with your insurance company. They are the ones who authorised the repairs with the garage. I would want the car inspected elsewhere and a report done on the repair work.

Can you add your car's details to the signature box as it will save you having to type it in for any future issues or questions. Details here. Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums
Exactly this. You have a contract with the insurance company who have a contract with the repair company. If you contact the insurance company they will probably arrange for a separate inspection. Was it an approved repair company chosen by them or did you choose them ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts