Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE are trading in our Rav 4 and having a KUGA Titanium in Chill with a few extras on Friday,
hope we have made the right decision,

Reading on here most of you are very pleased with your motors, I hope they are as reliable as the Rav, WE are now getting very anxious,

regards Don

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi Don,

Relax, you have made the right decision. I promise you will love it. Read the last few postings from KugaCat, KugaBabe and Daisbuys. Their comments speak volumes! I have had mine for 6 months now and I still love it. It drives beautifully and still gets looks and comments from others.

I'm interested what drew you to the Kuga away from the RAV? What was it that sold it to you?

Sarah

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sarah
after seeing the KUGA the rav looked dated and after the test drive it felt dated, slight problem its quite a bit higher for our lab Ben to jump in.

we have had 4x4s for over 20 years so hope we get on o/k.

( one more day)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Don, we have had our Kuga since June and apart from the carpet issues (see elsewhere on the forum) we have been over the moon with her. Best care I have ever had all the way back from my first banger I learned to drive on in 1977 to a VW Passat Turbo (company car) 10 years ago....

We also use her for towing a caravan and can often be seem in Norfolk with a tin tent on the back (will be staying in Holt for Easter).

We were out towing in the Snow in December and given she is billed as a Crossover vehicle and only has road tyres on we were very worried - absolutely need not have been as she behaved impecably and had to hide a laugh when Quashkai (or however it is spelt) got stuck were Kugg's didn't blink a spotlight

You really have made the right choice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi...Very excited, I collect my Titanium in Chill with panoramic roof on Friday. I've waited for what seems like ages but it has only been 2 weeks....I saw it this evening at the dealer and it looks great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. We are debating towing with our Kuga (we have a Pageant.) How big is your van as ours seems perhaps too heavy to tow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi aj, we currently tow a Bailey Pageant Monarch with an MTPLM (upgraded due to Motor Mover) of 1239kg. The biggest problem is that the Kuga is so good at towing that we forget the van is on the back (we had to buy a TomTom where you can set a maximum speed warning). That was an 83% match.

At the NEC we just upgraded to a Bailey Pageant Sancere at MTPLM of 1435kg representing an 88.65% match (we previosly towed the Monarch with 2L D Mondeo which was an 89% match so do not expect any problems with the Kuga and Sancere based on how briliantly she towed the Monarch.

The other thing that the Kuga has (if you make sure you use a Ford Kit and Electrics) is that the Kuga includes its own Trailer Control System to help if stability is lost.

Hope this helps and hopefully happy towing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Raptor, Thanks for the info. I will have my Kuga on Monday and have booked a holiday without our caravan for easter. It gives us time to decide whether to tow with my car (Kuga) or my husbands Jeep. The children would probably prefer mine due to the seat trays and panoramic roof. It sounds like your caravan is a very similar weight so it's good to know it can be done. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Sarah
Cant help missing the Rav, very good motor, but the Kuga is much better esspesially the park assist, I can relax in car parks now after over 50 years motoring, cant wait to see how it goes but I will not overload it for a few thousand miles.

Take care.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Great to hear Don,
I knew you wouldn't regret it. There has been some criticism of the inside space of the Kuga by car review sites butI have no problem with it and think its fine but do you notice a difference compared to the RAV?

Sarah

1 - 13 of 13 Posts