Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We picked our Kuga up yesterday. Been driving it / fighting with the other half over who should be driving it all day.

Really great on the road. We picked up a AWD titanium, panther black, with convenience and apperance pack, BT and Sony DAB. Not my exact spec but the dealer had this one and we were able to negotiate a good price.

Anyway, One question, I can't find the answer to in the manuals. What does the AST button on the audio head unit do?

Thanks

Josh

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Congratulations on Kuga. Button is Autostore i think. We argue who drives the Kuga. I usually get the Ka instead!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.

Wish it had the bit that allowed control of the ipod rather than just the 3.5mm socket but they didn't have one in stock with that and we didn't want to wait for a new build.

Minor thing though

Josh

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes very nice looks alittle like mine, Welcome to the club I don't seem to have any problems with driving mine though as the wife is happy to drive the ST3.

·
Registered
138 Posts
http://www.morecomputers.co.uk/extra.asp?pn=33428EU&alt=1&frompn=33430EU

Hi Josh Bear

This link shows a brilliant way of sorting the iPod control issue. My Kuga is equipped as yours is and this really does work a treat. The actual wee remote switchcan be popped outfrom the holder and can be attached with velcro or similar wherever you like. Tried mine in various places but went back to the steering wheel attachment, much better and easier to access.

Happy Kugaring

PJ

·
Registered
374 Posts
looks ace, virtually same spec as the one I'v ordered and yawn, still waiting to be made...yawwwwnnnn

The Ipod connector, does that mena new build have different connection?? Does it mean different control ability??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Undertaker,

No, the connection is via the 3.5 jack provided on the car in the centre console but this time with the Kensington, the connection to the iPod is via it's proper socket at the bottom, not just through its own 3.5 jack which is on top. This allows the remote switch and control unit to directly control what is playing etc., though none of this is needed of course if you've really pushed the boat out and had the USB port installed too. In that case the iPod bottom socket would be connected direct to that USB port without the need for the Kensington unit because you would control the iPod from the audio unit/voice command setup.

Sorry if I've confused you.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thank you, I did wonder the use of usb connector, as did my dealer, no I just have standard 3.5 fitment, which will be enuf, I only listen to Absolute Radio so doubt stereo will be playing anything other than DAB or 1 of the 6 discs???

Sorry for jumping on this thread Josh Bear.

WELL DONE on your new baby.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts