Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've just got my new Kuga Titanium and just joined the forum. So a big hello!

Having read some of the comments on the forum most people really seem pleased with their Kuga, I must say it's the dog danglies! I would go as far to say it's the best car I've owned!

I would like to share a few things that I've done in the hope it may help someone else?

I've put mud flaps on, I got mine off e-bay for £40 for front & rear. If you can use a screwdriver they're easy to do, it's a case of take out the screws that hold the inner arch liner, place the flap on and replace the screws, there are some clips to put on and they are easy too except the fronts, they are a little too tight so I just opened the clip a little with some pliers. It's possible to do the flaps without jacking up the car as shown in the instructions as long as you have a small driver or socket set, so you can do it in as little as 10 minutes a corner.

I also saw somewhere someone asking about sill guards. I've installed sill guards, because the Kuga shares the same floor plan as the C-max and Focus the sill profile is the same. I got mine from Lockwoods:

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/c-max-c396.html

They are £26.95 +p&p for a set of 4
and they usually come in a day or two.

If you do buy these, when fitting be sure to line them up correctly, the front ones: line the front edge of the guard about an inch in front of the join of the inner sill trim, also make sure the outer edge goes over the first bit of the plastic sill trim. The backs: line these up with join in the inner sill trim and the outer edge the same as the fronts.

I hope that it doesn't sound to complicated and it helps someone?

I'm really enjoying my Kuga and I hope you also do!

Till next time

·
Registered
374 Posts
wow, welcome and THANK YOU for your help and info, I'v been pondering over the mud flaps, you have re-assured me of ease of fit. It is ace, must be new member daily on this site and all loving the mighty kuga. Hello and have fun.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agreed - I can confirm that the Ford mud flaps are a doddle to fit, although I have only done the front ones.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Sounds like you really are enjoying your new Kuga. As for the mudflapsi'm still in two minds wether or not to get some as have not seen any pics with them on but if they are that easy to fit i might just get them anyway....

Happy motoring

Graham

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, here are the pictures of my mud flaps and sill guards. I think they look great and they also cut down the amount of crap that gets sprayed over the car!

The sill guards are great investment if like me you have children with elephant feet!!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/stevewebb80/Kuga?feat=directlink

I've looked at the other pages on mud flaps, however, the instructions on there do say to jack up the car and as another user has pointed out you can do it without doing so!

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hi another newbie here.
I pick up my Kuga titanium (58 plate Ex demo) this Friday. Panther Black with Appearance pack, rear park senses, 5 spoke alloys. This weeks going to drag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts