Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’ve got a mk2.5 I bought new october 2019 and have never noticed cornering lights us there a way to test these other than driving ? Or is it something they did away with, I doubt the bulbs are gone as I’ve never seen it an I’m only on 4k miles

Photo because why not lol

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
267 Posts
Hi I’ve got a mk2.5 I bought new october 2019 and have never noticed cornering lights us there a way to test these other than driving ? Or is it something they did away with, I doubt the bulbs are gone as I’ve never seen it an I’m only on 4k miles View attachment 6870
Photo because why not lol
Nice car.
see the garage door behind you, position the car so it faces the door and turn the steering, you will see a slight movement on the light beam
I note you don’t have Xenons so not sure if you have cornering lights with standard lights, someone will know.
Have you checked ETIS for the build spec.

·
Frequently posts gibberish!
2,450 Posts
Na then.
Do you mean dynamic cornering lights or cornering lights.

They are different.
Dynamic has the main dipped bulb move left or right and you should see this if and when you turn on the lights as the go there a “self test”. As mentioned with xenons I think.

cornering lights come on when you turn and the headlamps are on and that light up a whole segment in you field of view. I can’t recall if they utilise the fog lamp assembly.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
When we had the focus ST3 it had cornering lights,,the way to test them is like davidoff suggested ,,or you should see them turning when you turn the steering wheel.even when stationary,obviously in the dark.or ask someone to stand in front of the kuga,,again stationary.😅

Reactions: davidoff

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,244 Posts
If you are talking about the dynamic moving headlights, you'll need to be driving to see them work, BUT when you first switch on your Kuga with the lights on, they should run through a test pattern, where they dip, then level back out and then go from left to right and finally re-centre.

If you are talking about the lamps that come on extra to your headlights when turning, then you can easily test this by facing a wall etc (the car that is, not you) and turn the wheel - these lamps are located closest to your grille and have a T-shaped metal cover over the front of them.

Reactions: Les
1 - 6 of 6 Posts