Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's,

We're soon to be a Kuga owner, hopefuly the end of next week. We're getting a new 2.0d AWD Titanium in black. My wife got bored of our Alfa 147 JTDM and i thought she would go for a Alfa Brera or similar. But she settled on a Kuga, Which is ideal for the new dog we're getting in the middle of May.
There are no extras or packs on the Kuga except privicy glass, This was due to the deal that was going on a particular Kuga £19,300 OTR.
The Titanium as you know has a Sony DAB stereo as standard. The upgrade option was to a 6 CD with Bluetooth and voice control, Unfortunatley on to get the Kuga at this price we could not put any options on it because the Kuga was already made.
Can you buy the connection module to upgrade to Bluetooth and voice control because all the buttons are there and they are the same head unit?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi, and welcome!

I would love to upgrade the DAB Radio to have the factory Bluetooth as well, but I'm told it cannot be done yet. Had the same issue on my Octavia but some nice chap found out how to do it with other VW kit and then all the garages decided to do it as well, so think I'm going to wait a bit. Seems a shame to install a Parrot when all the buttons are there and look so smart.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean, don't fancy an odd looking bit of plastic stuck on my (the wife's) new car because Ford won't do the upgrade. I'm sure it's just a module that you plug in, it's just a case of getting one. They must produce spares incase of faulty units, Will have to do some more investigating.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does anyone know if the mic is installed in a none factory fit one? Some companies install everything bar the module, others don't install anything.

Where is the mic on a factory fit one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts