Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2012 2.0 TDCi Titanium 4x4 5dr
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just joined and saying hello, just purchased a 2012 2.0 tdci Kuga with 73k on the clock. Nice drive back after picking up just a couple of questions if you can help.

1. There is a whistling noise coming from what appears the drive side wing mirror area at speed is this common?

2. When the car is cold ie just started up and i pull off and change from 1st to 2nd manual gearbox there is a slight clunk noise, only in 1st to 2nd and is not there when car is warm, im no mechanic is this normal?.

Thanks and safe driving all

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi Bedseo32 welcome to the forum lots of helpful folks on here to help you with any questions you have about the kuga,,so don’t be afraid to ask anything about the kuga even if it sounds bizarre I’m sure someone here could help you.
i have 2017 model I can’t say I have noticed any whistling noise coming the wing mirrors,,you might occasionally get wing mirror noise at speed but I can’t say I have noticed it much,,but I have window deflectors so I get a little noise with them.
not had a problem with the manual gearbox,it might be something you need to look at,,I’m sure others on here could help you more.
if you could put details of your kuga in your signature it would help other forum users when you need help or advice.

Ross

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2012 2.0 TDCi Titanium 4x4 5dr
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ross thanks for your reply and info, ill add to my signature thanks all the best

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Can’t recall any whistling from mirrors when I had my Mk1, the clunk you are describing would concern me. Did you buy private or through a dealer, a dealer should give you some warranty

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hiya Bedseo32, welcome to the forum matey and ditto Ross J.

I have same model and year as you .......................But my wing mirrors don't whistle and there's deffoe no clunk between 1st and 2nd gear change.
I would make sure I looked into the gear change problem you mentioned as this could end up being expensive.
The whistling could be mirror not in right position in the holder or have you got it so far forward that there is air getting behind the mirror causing a whistle?
people adjust their mirrors for best view obviously, but could have adjusted it too far forward/backwards and that could be the problem so I would try a different position whilst driving to see if the whistle changes

·
Premium Member
Kuga Titanium X 2014
57 Posts
Welcome @Bedseo32

Have you drove at speed with wing mirrors turned in? just to check it is the wing mirrors. all it takes is for something to be loose or not siting right creating a little gap for air to flow differently and cause a whistle. wing mirrors get the odd bang if previous owners have clipped it on other cars etc so something may be loose or cracked within? just depends how deep into it you want to look?

Clunky gearbox at certain gears could be 1 of 2 things, worn gear link arms or worn Syncro in the gearbox. I would get it inspected and get a current mechanics thoughts and if the link arms don't look to worn then poss try gearbox oil change.

Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts