Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey up all,

Names Griff and hello to everyone including those that know of me including Gary and the team at Code Red :) No stranger to the club scene, had three ST's but seriously considering making the move to a Kuga and defecting from the ST scene for a while.

I have test driven one yesterday and am impressed with the ride, quality and build. Some adjustments to be made I am sure though once I got my hands on one!

So I have joined this forum which I hope will help me to make my mind up.

Regards to all

Griff

ps Where is the photography section?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Griff

welcome to the forum.

I too moved from the dark side and sold my ST's

The Kuga is great, well mine is anyway, not as quick as the WR330 granted but still fun to drive.

Vic

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had 306 horses and loved it but time for a change............ test drove a Kuga yesterday and was suprised how much I enjoyed the ride :) I am aware that Gary and the team at Code Red are already bringing more bits out every day for the Kuga so maybe worth a trip up to see him and do some planning

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sold on Pistonheads bud :) Had to let it go sadly at a loss but hey ho............ £15600 in the end, but thats the price you pay for spending so much modding lol

You still selling yours in Jan matey?

To be honest I find some on FSTOC strokers and out of order in the way that they rip people apart for either being different in modding their cars or for asking questions that have been answered before. - Newbies dont know that do they! :( Everyone I met though are awesome........ Another reason to jump ship and away from the ST for a while........

·
Registered
73 Posts
oh and regards your Focus.......Very nice! I get my zetec tomorrow afternoon, kuga that is. Really want the t5 version not due till spring next year. 360bhp in a small SUV would be perfect and rolling on a set on Jag bbs 20" rims too. Thats my plan anyhow. Support vehicle to the TVR griff 500 when going to Leman ;)

Rob

·
Registered
260 Posts
Griff said:

To be honest I find some on FSTOC strokers and out of order in the way that they rip people apart for either being different in modding their cars or for asking questions that have been answered before. - Newbies dont know that do they! :( Everyone I met though are awesome........ Another reason to jump ship and away from the ST for a while........

Still selling mine in Jan, going to order a Kuga Xmas time, for a Jan delivery. I heard that Gordon brown is dropping VAT by 2.5% so might just wait to see if that happens?

And will have to pay for premium ad on PH.

And I know what you mean about members on there, it is a very, very clicky place. One user I cant stand is LAW!!! I offered peeps on there anAmbassador voucher, which totals a £1000 off a new ST, and he absolutely slated me for it, saying I am trying to make money off a free service! So in the end I withdrew the offer, which meant a couple of people losing out on a grand saving! I would love to meet him sometime!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Griff,
Another convert from the Focusstoc here ...I made the jump in September! It hurts a little at first but there is a whole new scene and army of admiring glances to get used to. I am also looking at the Code Red solution after Christmas just need to get a test drive at archers first.. Welcome to the Forum. PS currently averaging 35 mpg and not even trying

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I have read some of his posts............... shocking how they treat people and stands out as clicky and more interested in the money than the members and what they can do for them......:(

I even got told off for advertising my ST within my OWN for sale post!!!!!!!!!!!! whats that all about..............

Hey ho there are plenty of other ST clubs out there that could do with some new members........

Anyway, back to the Kuga.............. lol lol lol

I have managed to order the new 2 wheel drive version thats coming out in March and it is £1900 cheaper! And unless youre planning on offroading then you would not notice the difference between them :)

Using the wifes Fiesta ST at the mo to kick about in until then but even that is on Pistonheads for sale as she is finding it too fast for her so she wants to move into a shhhhh a Corsa! Gonna lose money big time as I paid £13,800 in Sept for it!

Let me know how you get on with selling yours bud :)

Regards

Griff

·
Registered
73 Posts
daisbuys said:
Griff said:

Still selling mine in Jan, going to order a Kuga Xmas time, for a Jan delivery. I heard that Gordon brown is dropping VAT by 2.5% so might just wait to see if that happens?

And will have to pay for premium ad on PH.

And I know what you mean about members on there, it is a very, very clicky place. One user I cant stand is LAW!!! I offered peeps on there anAmbassador voucher, which totals a £1000 off a new ST, and he absolutely slated me for it, saying I am trying to make money off a free service! So in the end I withdrew the offer, which meant a couple of people losing out on a grand saving! I would love to meet him sometime!!!

Hey another Ford employee
, shame you didnt get the deal from Dag motors. £995 down plus any extras, payment deferred for 12 months and the MGFV the same as the buy price couldn't go wrong. Im hoping to get the T5 version after 9 months. The diesel is ok but i do prefer a petrol engine.

Rob

·
Registered
73 Posts
oh not to add insult to misery, I paid £15100 for a zetec with metallic paint. Gives you guys a price to aim for if you haven't already bought one
. Get yours registered before the end of this quarter for the best deals......... good luck peeps

Rob

·
Registered
260 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Hey another Ford employee
, shame you didnt get the deal from Dag motors. £995 down plus any extras, payment deferred for 12 months and the MGFV the same as the buy price couldn't go wrong. Im hoping to get the T5 version after 9 months. The diesel is ok but i do prefer a petrol engine.

Rob
[/QUOTE]

Ye mate, another Ford employee here. Bridgend engine plant, what about you? Just been laid off for xmas for 40 days here, but with pay so not to dissapointed. Just hope it doesnt carry on into the new year!?

Anyway, the Dag offer. Is it still available mate? Got told about that before, wish I paid more attention to it then??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Griff said:
have to get an Xmas job bud lol lol lol

Least youre still getting paid though eh.......................

Ha ha, Xmas job...you must be joking. I have been looking forward to having this time off, and the to do list from the better half is massive!! But my main priority is to focus on getting a good deal on a Kuga lol.

And on a serious noteIam extremleylucky in receiving pay for my time off, all be it without my shift allowance, but I know there are people who are not getting nothing at all when their jobs have fallen short. Just hope this countries/worlds economy sorts itself out before otherworking class peoplesuffer morehardship!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts