Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be interested in anybodies thoughts or similar experiences -thanks.

Car wouldnt start this afternoon after being parked for about three hours. First nothing much happened and lots of "ticking". After about ten minutes or so of trying and waiting it started to almost cough and eventually started and drove home okay. I'm wondering if i could have left the power on and maybe a blower slightly on - not sure now. But then would the power automatically switch itself off anyway (wouldnt trying so much just drain the battery more? And whenthe car finally started there was no battery warning light on. So could it have been the battery? Or something else.

Its booked in the garage next week but knowing garages if it doesnt happen in front of them they wont do anything about it- so any ideas appreciated. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.Thanks in advance.

mike

·
Registered
418 Posts
I left the ignition on last year and it drained the battery, when I pressed the button lots of ticking noises and it didn't start. The AA man put a battery jump box thing on it and it fired up first time.

Not like any other car I have had with a flat battery, no starter motor turn or anything - lights went crazy - thought there was a serious problem with the car.

·
Registered
287 Posts
the diagnostic check up should give fault codes that indicate cource of problem but it's not always straighforward.
a flat battery can giev rise to non starting -clicking-lamps operating erratically etc possibly an alternator diode has gone 'down' thus allowing power to leak away form batterey overnight. shouldnt take too long to trace .good luck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, im thinking flat battery but i thought it would be less likely to start the longer i tried cause the battery would drain more? Started fine all day today.
mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts